Sr. Director, State Government Affairs
Responsible for state governmental policy and advocacy matters for the state of NJ. Develops and implements legislative strategies, monitors legislation, coordinates state association management, key contacts programs, training, compliance, and assists in facilitation of state government-facing business initiatives. Oversees corporate initiatives and works with local government affairs to coordinate community affairs activities.
– Responsible for relations with NJ state governments, including advocacy before the legislature, executive branch, and state agencies.
– Work as a strategic partner with HQ, Northeast Division and Regional senior management teams to accomplish business goals of the organization.
– Identify state administrative and legislative issues that impact Comcast’s internal business partners, develop relationships and work with internal subject matter experts to achieve successful outcomes.
– Provide guidance and support at all management levels to ensure consistent and sound state government policy and enhance communication with state officials.
– Draft, analyze and/or present legislation, amendments, and testimony as necessary.
– Develops and maintains relationships with government representatives and regulators at the state level. Travels to attend meetings, hearings, conferences or other events and represents the company at political and community events.
– Coordinate with Regional Government Affairs team on community investment programs.
– Manages outside counsel, consultants, or lobbyists to implement strategies or initiatives.
– Consult and coordinate with business units on state procurement opportunities.
– Provides leadership and supervision to state cable association including staffing, performance management, compensation administration, office management, etc.
– Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
– 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in all aspects of Government Affairs and related disciplines working with legislators and/or government agencies strongly preferred.
– Excellent organizational & problem solving skills and verbal & written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or Government or related discipline; advanced degree or J.D. preferred.
– Generally requires 12+ years related experience.
Employees at Comcast at all levels are expected to:
– Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how they do their job.
– Own the Customer Experience; think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
– Knows their stuff; be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
– Win as a team; make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
– Be an active part of the Net Promoter System (a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company) by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
– Drive results, growth and respect as well as promote inclusion and diversity.
– Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors, and our communities.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-05-06