Sr Government Affairs Manager
T-Mobile is seeking a dynamic self-starter, passionate about the ways technology and telecommunications policy intersect to impact the ways we live, work, and play. Our Un-carrier ethos is taking the world of wireless by storm, and we’re looking for strategic and motivated employees to help us usher forth the next generation of innovation for consumers across the country.
In this position, you will leverage your substantive knowledge of telecom and emerging technology policy issues to help us advocate for legal and regulatory policies that better support the innovation ecosystem of the future. If you get excited about working in concert with government at the state, local, and federal levels, as well as with other diverse stakeholders, our dynamic team of government relations and external affairs practitioners may be the perfect place for you. We are focused on aligning policies that help advance T-Mobile’s cutting-edge mobile technologies and communications solutions, and we welcome outgoing and forward-thinking leaders to become part of our team.
In this multi-faceted role, you will be part of a collaborative government affairs team and will work daily with other departments across the company to help bolster our policy objectives and support our short- and long-term business needs. This role is about achieving results in a high-stakes environment, and to succeed, you must have a strong understanding of policy, public affairs, political and grassroots strategy, and the confidence to engage with internal teams and third-party groups to meet and exceed company objectives.
Reporting directly to the Vice-President of Government and External Affairs, in this position, you will:
- Assist in the development of policy positions and help support engagement with NGOs, think-tanks, public interest groups and thought leaders on key policy issues affecting TMUS.
- Work with members of the Government Affairs team, and cross-functionally across the business, to develop coherent and consistent TMUS policy positions on issues pertaining to broadband regulation, spectrum, privacy, digital divide, future of work and smart communities, among others.
- Support the head of External Affairs in representing and speaking on behalf of TMUS in public policy forums in support of TMUS’s agenda in coordination with Government Affairs team.
- Develop proactive advocacy engagement strategies with stakeholder groups.
- Serve as the day-to-day relationship manager for key policy groups, think tanks, public interest groups and NGOs.
- Advise and consult with all levels of the organization to identify critical political issues, assess potential options, and provide individuals and teams with an analysis and range of possible solutions.
- Work with the VP of External Affairs to implement issues-based advocacy campaigns and support business development activities.
- Prepare fact sheets, materials, research, and documents to support T-Mobile advocacy activities with key stakeholder groups.
- Develop legislative and regulatory policy tracking documents and budget materials for the third-party team.
- Assist the team when needed on lobbying with third-party groups and other external organizations.
- Keep up to date on a wide variety of complex and developing legislative, regulatory, legal, and business issues affecting our industry, and convey such information to managers and internal clients as assigned.
- 10+ years overall experience in a corporate, non-profit, agency, trade association, academia, Capitol Hill or Federal Government environment.
- Experience running a grassroots advocacy campaign strategy both inside and outside the beltway.
- Knowledge of telecommunications and internet policy issues preferred, but must have at least a legislative/regulatory purview of any other heavily regulated industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Ability to operate independently and effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Strong prioritization skills, organization and execution and results orientation with customer focus.
- Ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines, and balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work well in teams and collaborate with colleagues.
- Must be flexible to travel.
- Extensive technical capabilities such as Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- 18 year of age
- US work authorization
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-02-11