Sr. Manager Government Affairs
The Senior Manager of Government Affairs is responsible for overseeing the promotion and administration of CLIA PAC in addition to playing a key role in the execution of CLIA’s legislative policy and advocacy programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Responsible for administration of the CLIA Political Action Committee, including management of the annual solicitation process, the setting of annual contribution and contributor goals, promotion of the PAC, regulatory compliance, submission of filings with the Federal Election Commission, and planning and preparation of materials for CLIA PAC Board meetings.
• Create an annual plan and operational plan for PAC growth and oversee execution of the plan and the delivery of results.
• Responsible for tracking specific, assigned areas of legislative policy and providing written briefs on issues, including developments and updates, and recommended strategic actions.
• Attend Congressional hearings and legislative markups and write pre- and post-briefing memorandum for CLIA members and CLIA leaders.
• Develop government affairs engagement programs for CLIA travel agency and travel agent members, and associate members.
• Create content for Executive Partner and travel agent grassroots engagement, including newsletter content and issue-specific webinars.
• Collaborate with the Global Strategic Communications & Research department on government affairs-related news media activities, including interviews, proactive and reactive statements, and press releases.
• Manage outside vendors related to legislative tracking and PAC management.
• Serve as focal point for government affairs-related and PAC events at CLIA annual conferences.
• Provide guidance to department Executive Assistant on matters involving the PAC and government affairs webinars.
• Update government affairs content on the CLIA website and social media platforms.
• Liaise with CLIA regional offices to drive continual updates of the global legislative tracker and stakeholder relationship tracker.
• Develop government affairs-related articles for CLIA internal newsletters to educate staff on government affairs priorities and positioning on key legislative issues
• Liaise with Global Strategic Communications & Research department on member communications involving government affairs priorities.
• Prepare government affairs content and power point slides for executive speeches and presentations.
• Oversee and develop in coordination with graphics designer government affairs-related design needs for use online or in presentations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree a plus.
- Six or more years of experience in government affairs in a trade association or company.
- Experience with PAC management and administration or political fundraising.
- Experience as a legislative aide on Capitol Hill preferred.
• Knowledge of the legislative process.
• Skill in identifying intermediate to complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Ability to develop creative ways to solve problems.
• Ability to analyze complex data and identify trends.
• Ability to work collaboratively and build strategic relations with colleagues, coworkers, members, legislators, community leaders, and other stakeholders.
• Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will understand for a wide variety of audiences.
• Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining quality work and meeting deadlines.
• High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and legislative tracking software.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in a normal office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Travel is required up to 5-10% of the time.
Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job in a normal office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our casual and fun work environment are just the start of what we can offer you at CLIA. We provide our employees with a competitive total compensation package, including medical, employer paid dental and vision, retirement plan with matching contributions, and an on-site fitness center for your wellness. With an office right at Metro Center, your commute has never been easier.
Embark on a journey with CLIA! To join our talented team, please apply through our job board by submitting your resume and cover letter.
CLIA is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-03-16