Sr. Manager, Government Affairs & Communications
When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for over 90 years. We have an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Manager, Government Affairs & Communications to be located at our Whippany, NJ headquarters.
As the Sr. Manager, Government Affairs & Communications you will plan, direct, and execute the Company’s public affairs, government relations, and advocacy strategies and support corporate communications. You will also serve as an advisor to internal and external stakeholders, and provide strategic political, public affairs, and advocacy analysis to the Executive Management Team.
If you have a keen understanding of public policy and excellent written and oral advocacy skills, then we invite you to apply to join our growing team and be a part of our next 90 years.
- Lead the public affairs and advocacy efforts across the Company’s operational footprint by monitoring legislative and regulatory activities and their potential impact on the Company
- Develop and maintain key relationships with state and local policymakers and influencers which includes representing the Company’s commitment to the highest possible integrity and ethical practices and lobbying for advancements that align with the Company’s long-term growth strategy
- Partner with other internal departments to identify potential legislative or regulatory issues impacting the Company, leverage resources in policy engagements to maximize the impact of state advocacy efforts and advance Company government affairs and public relations objectives
- Understand and communicate key industry issues and trends, and recommend strategies to ensure that the Company’s public policy objectives and messaging have the greatest possible impact
- Support the development of strategic communications for the Company; including the advancement of consistent messages across Company platforms.
- Degree in political science or JD degree from an ABA accredited law school, preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in government, politics, governmental relations, and/or public affairs
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
For a full list of our benefit offerings please visit https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-10