State Government Affairs Associate
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), a membership organization dedicated to the advancement of women’s health care in Washington, DC, is currently seeking a State Government Affairs Associate. This position will advance ACOG’s state advocacy goals by supporting the State Government Affairs Team through legislative tracking and analysis on all issues/all states; co-execution of the annual State Legislative Roundtable; maintaining SharePoint and website content; drafting advocacy documents; research on emerging state legislative issues; supporting liaison with external stakeholders including the American Medical Association House of Delegates; supporting member grassroots/tops engagement; collaboration with internal teams to advance ACOG goals; and administrative duties as assigned. Cover Letter Required.
As a result of COVID-19, ACOG employees are working in a temporary remote capacity. This is temporary, and normal business hours and in-office duties will return to normal once federal and state guidelines deem it is safe to return into the office. Employees are expected to return to ACOG’s National office located at 409 12th, Southwest Washington DC, 20024.
Key Duties and Responsibilities.
• Track and monitor state legislation using online database; maintain issue-specific bill tallies.
• Assist with projects related to priority and emerging legislative issues.
• Co-execute ACOG State Legislative Roundtable.
• Promote and process ACOG State Legislative Advocacy Awards Program.
• Support calls/meetings with ACOG State Legislative Chairs and Lobbyists and maintain
• Create, maintain and promote SharePoint and Website content.
• Disseminate legislative/advocacy material to ACOG Legislative Chairs & Lobbyists.
• Draft testimony, fact sheets, toolkits, and other advocacy materials.
• Liaise with other ACOG Teams to advance shared goals and promote collaboration.
• Identify opportunities to promote/sustain advocacy campaigns.
• Recruit and maintain grassroots/tops leaders, including through state ambassadors’
• Support liaison with external partners as required including the AMA House of Delegates
• Collaborate with internal Teams including District & Section Activities and Communications.
• Assist with development of stakeholder presentations/trainings.
• Manage logistics and implementation for projects, programming and events.
• Setup meetings, monitor Stateleg email account, and other administrative duties as
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• 3 years of related experience.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or work equivalent.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Advanced understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as reporting, recordkeeping
• Ability to work independently.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or other related software.
• Experience using bill tracking tools and grassroots outreach applications and demonstrate
knowledge of bill analysis and legislative procedure.
• Ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Ability to travel required.
• Passion for and previous experience in women’s health, health equity and legislative
advocacy is a plus.
Home to more than 58,000 women’s health care professionals, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) is a membership organization leading advancements in women’s health. When you become part of the ACOG team, you’re part of an organization that values communicating evidence-based, peer-reviewed information about women’s health to members and the general public. ACOG supports its members by maintaining authoritative clinical guidance, providing continuing medical education resources, patient education materials and more. Together with our members, we are working to transform the future of women’s health by delivering a compelling member experience, supporting the ob-gyn profession, and advocating for improved women’s health.
Paid Parental Leave – Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace – Flexible work schedule – Commuting Allowance – Generous Paid Time Off – Holiday Pay – Life Insurance – Community Volunteering Opportunities – Generous 401(k) Company Contributions – Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – Learning Opportunities and Tuition Reimbursement – Company-Sponsored Team Outings – and more!
ACOG is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. As a federal government contractor and in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, the College takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. The College also participates in E-Verify.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-19