Blue State Digital
As a Vice President you will be leading cross-disciplinary teams to create and implement digital strategies with our unique client mix across the non-profit, political/advocacy, and brand space. You’ll be working with clients to build membership; raise funds; drive public awareness and advocacy for causes and candidates; and build products and platforms to these ends.
This is also an opportunity to be a part of the leadership team in our DC office, including responsibility for the operational, cultural, strategic, technical, and creative progress of the office and at large.
If you want to be proud of your clients, the work you do for them, and the colleagues around you, then this might be the position for you.
- Serve as a senior point of contact for a portfolio of clients, ensure that expectations are set and met, and leverage client satisfaction into future opportunities.
- Ensure successful program and project management, including planning and scheduling, cost estimating, and delivery oversight.
- Provide technical, creative, and/or strategic oversight across all of our offerings and disciplines teams to ensure the highest quality work product.
- Develop strategies that address client objectives; develop tactics that further those strategies; and develop action-oriented planning and working documents and other communications that express those strategic and tactical ideas clearly and convincingly. Write and produce client-facing proposals and memoranda, presentations, strategic plans, and other materials, both independently and in collaboration with other BSD employees and representatives.
- Provide support in targeting, pursuing, and closing engagements with new clients by presenting the capabilities of BSD accurately and compellingly and helping to make the case for retaining BSD.
- Manage direct reports on the Account & Project Management Team and mentor staff across teams and levels.
Our Accounts & Project Management Team is at the heart of everything we do. Our charge is to take complex problems and break them down into solvable pieces. We are close partners with our clients and the face of BSD to prospective clients. We helps clients and prospects see opportunities more clearly and we help BSD understand the challenges our clients face.
Top Things We’re Looking For
- 10+ years experience in a professional services field (such as public relations or marketing strategy consulting) in client services, sales and marketing, or a related area of responsibility. Candidates with directly relevant program development and client relationship management experience in a professional services field will be preferred
- Experience in selling and/or delivering digital marketing programs
- Some technical experience or the necessary facility and willingness to learn, in order to be able to communicate clearly and accurately about BSD’s products and capabilities
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and scrappiness required.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at BSD
Blue State Digital is a purpose-driven creative and tech agency. We transform how brands and causes engage their most important people. From Google to UNICEF, from Obama to MIT, from Tate Modern to Ford Motor Company, Blue State Digital helps grow communities, build platforms, and transform organizations for the digital age. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State Digital has more than 200 employees in six offices in the US and UK.
Learn more here
Job Posted: August 24, 2017