Vice President of Communications
The Vice President of Communications for the American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE) is responsible for the development, integration and implementation of a broad range of marketing and communications activities aligned to the strategic direction and priorities of the organization.
He/She will promote, enhance and advance the work, vision and reputation of the ACORE and its position as a credible thought leader and advocate for the transition to renewable energy.
He/She works to ensure ACORE remains a preeminent business voice for the renewable energy sector and continues to be viewed as a primary source of insight and analysis within its diverse network and constituent base.
The Vice President of Communications oversees a department that manages all communications activities for the organization, including branding, earned media, social media, owned media website content, email newsletters, and digital marketing. He/She ensures quality and consistency across paid, earned, owned and social media channels.
The Vice President of Communications will report directly to the President and CEO and work closely with a senior peer group (management team) as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives to enhance brand visibility and reputation.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate ACORE’s communications strategy across target audiences in collaboration with the management team and key constituents
- Manage communications priorities while maintaining strong relationships with internal, cross-functional team members
- Engage and forge positive working relationships with ACORE members, leaders in the field and allied trade associations, think tanks and policy groups.
- Recognize and act on marketplace trends and other external opportunities to showcase ACORE’s mission and drive awareness of its activities
- Lead the creation of content for core external communications products, including press releases/statements, talking points, blogs, newsletters, reports and more
- Work with the President and CEO to develop a range of internal and external organization communications materials such as presentations, speaking remarks and related briefing materials
- Coordinate efforts with policy and programs staff for all ACORE publications, including reports, market reviews, issue briefs, comments, and sign-on letters. This includes editing support and guidance as well as counsel on communications roll-out strategies
- Develop effective messaging and overall strategy for ACORE marketing and brand collateral materials in partnership with our in-house designer and corporate relations, events, and programs colleagues
- Support the execution of a high-impact executive communications program, including a speakers’ bureau and social visibility plans for the President and CEO
- Manage all media contacts and develop new relationships to enhance ACORE’s earned media impact
- Field and respond to media inquiries seeking industry opinion and information, coordinate with staff to set up interviews and/or serve as spokesperson for ACORE
- Develop letters to the editor and op-eds for placement in close coordination with senior management team
- Assist with the content development, management and execution of ACORE’s signature forums, with an emphasis on strategies to achieve maximum earned and social media impact
- Manage the team responsible for ACORE.org and event website maintenance, ensuring that new and consistent information is posted regularly
- Supervise a Communications Specialist and Web Developer
- Oversee the development and tracking of communications team key performance indicators
- Accomplished senior communications professional with 8+ years of increasing responsibility in relevant communications roles; ideally in an “in-house” leadership role within a complex (number and variety of constituents) organization
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or related discipline
- Knowledge of the renewable energy industry, including an understanding of industry trends, prominent companies, technologies, finance and policy
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills, visual/graphic communication skills also preferred
- Strong experience with social media applications (e.g., Sprout Social, Bit.ly, Canva) and platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) as well as working knowledge of digital tools and services such as WordPress and Google Analytics
- Ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”
- Self-starter, able to work independently and collaboratively. Thrives on managing multiple initiatives concurrently
- Experience managing budgets and vendors
Please submit a cover letter, highlighting your specific qualifications for the position and a personal resume to: email@example.com. Interviews will be promptly scheduled with candidates that best fit the requirements enumerated above.
Job posted: 2019-02-28