Vice President, Corporate Communications
Vice President, Corporate Communications
In a world of exponential change, BCW is a creative business that solves complex problems by #Moving People. This starts with our people.
Across our global team, we share a common practice: cultivating an open, curious mindset that is committed to growing. We create, contribute and challenge, but we don’t conform.
Our core belief is that the growth of our people fuels the growth of our clients, which powers the growth of our agency. No one aspect of BCW stands alone – when everything is growing together, anything is possible.
At BCW, Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (I.D.E.A.) are embedded into everything we do for our people, agency, clients and communities we serve. We wholly believe that creating truly inclusive and innovative solutions by growing talent that mirrors the marketplace is critical to our success. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from underrepresented talent across all dimensions of race/ethnicity, LGBTQ, differently abled and veteran status to come and grow with us.
Are you ready to move with us?
BCW’s Corporate Communications Practice is seeking to hire a Vice President public relations professional that will contribute to the global growth and performance of the firm by supporting large, integrated client teams across various workstreams and programs. This position will be based in New York but will operate remotely during the pandemic.
The VP Corporate Communications will guide client strategy, development and execution around earned media relations campaigns, content development and other integrated internal/external efforts including executive visibility, thought leadership and sustainability. This is an opportunity to work across a variety of industry verticals, collaborating across multiple practice teams and geographies for PRvoke’s 2020 Global Agency of the Year.
- Proactively developing, managing and growing senior and C-suite level client relationships, and acting as a trusted advisor for media strategy and media relations
- Lead the development and execution of the media relations function to support campaign roll-outs and ensure message delivery via traditional as well as social channels in key markets domestically and internationally
- Build relationships/broker arrangements with targeted influencers to push out messaging
- Counseling and building relationships with peers in the industry and with other lines of business across accounts to ensure alignment and best practices
- Playing a lead role in developing staff and cultivating talent at all levels
- Developing and growing senior level client relationships, and acting as a trusted advisor to key clients
- Track record of developing proactive, positive story-telling for clients at the corporate level
- Develop and/or edit key messages and media materials for corporate announcements or executives, including talking points, Q&As, news releases, etc. as needed (in coordination with team)
- Counseling and building relationships with peers in the industry and with other internal lines of business
- Attracts new talent and enhances the firm’s intellectual capital by driving innovation, developing new products and services
- Minimum of 10+ years of previous public relations work experience
- Demonstrated media relations success including strategy and successful/measurable outcomes
- A blended background in both account management and media relations—creative and persuasive, able to influence audiences
- Prior experience serving as a day-to-day account lead and overseeing a team
- Advanced writing skills, ability to write for senior level management and audiences adapting tone and style
- Ability to manage complex relationships diplomatically and consultatively
- Ability to think innovatively; develop creative solutions and new programs
- Ability to manage teams and individuals to enable them to perform to their fullest potential
- Desire to work in a diverse and inclusive organization as an active participant in culture initiatives, training opportunities and employee resource groups
More about BCW:
BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe) is one of the world’s largest full-service global communications agencies. BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications solutions grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), the world’s leader in communications services.
To act. To inspire. To change. We take an analytical approach to obsess over every detail, then add real emotion and creativity to connect with people’s lives and their communities. We’re #MovingPeople – join us.
BCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MF/Disability
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-23