Vice President of Government Affairs
Take a leadership role in supporting Livongo’s growth, value proposition and market differentiation by serving as our chief liaison with government entities, improving the legislative and regulatory environment for our clients and managing our healthcare policy program. Here you will operate at the intersection of Policy, Finance and Operations, as you help guide product development and value-based opportunities in federal and state health programs.
In the innovative and newly-created role of Vice President of Government Affairs, you’ll lead the development and execution of our government relations policy and advocacy. You’ll enjoy close partnership with the Executive Leadership Team as well as Livongo’s current and prospective partners and clients. This is a high-level thought-leadership role that is ideal for highly-motivated, entrepreneurial candidates with a passion for changing lives through dramatic paradigm shifts in our nation’s approach to healthcare.
- Develop strategic relationships with legislative policymakers to enhance Livongo’s role as a partner with government
- Identify, evaluate and analyze the impact of legislative and regulatory issues for Livongo clients’ health plans
- Drive development and execution of Livongo’s long-term policy and advocacy, setting goals and determining metrics, resource allocation and project timelines
- Maintain and strengthen productive relationships with state and federal policymakers, representing Livongo to legislators and their staffs
- Propose transformational, relevant and actionable recommendations for healthcare policymakers
- Assist with the development of legislative public policy concerning health insurance, digital healthcare, health plans, FDA, FCC, ONC, and Medicare and Medicaid regulations
- Develop policy insights that will help Livongo innovate and scale effectively, so that we may continue to deliver new solutions that improve clinical outcomes, affordability and community
- Represent and serve as point person to outside trade groups/stakeholders including medical associations, hospital associations and related Medicare and Medicaid vendors
- Prepare reports, presentations and advisements for Livongo’s leadership team, with respect to all government relations, regulations and policy
- Develop an annual corporate political contribution plan
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal law
- Represent Livongo at national forums
- Facilitate relationships between national associations and Livongo clients and internal personnel
- Identify and vet external lobbying firms in potential new markets
- Develop and manage an employee advocacy and grassroots strategy and program
- Conduct research and analysis prior to elections
- Prepare Livongo’s annual report to the Regulatory Compliance Committee (RCC)
Our Successful Candidate Will Have
- 8-10 years’ experience in government relations, policy development and analysis
- 7 years’ experience in a healthcare environment or related field
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal legislative and regulatory processes
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with senior executives and policymakers, verbally and in writing
- Experience with healthcare trade associations including AHIP, NAIC, CHIME, and HIMSS
- Experience with and extensive knowledge of federal and state Medicare and Medicaid laws and regulations
- Management experience, including responsibilities for hiring, training, assigning work and managing performance of staff
- Strong business judgment and critical-thinking skills
- Excellent presentation and public-speaking skills
- A knack for synthesizing and distilling complex policy concepts
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- A drive to achieve results
- Passion for Livongo’s mission
- A Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Government Affairs, Business Administration Political Science, or related field
Impress us even more:
- A Master’s or Law degree
- Experience with budgeting and contracts
- Experience in legislative strategy and providing techniques to facilitate legislation as a registered lobbyist, or experience managing outside lobbyists
Why Join Livongo?
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter? Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. Here you can truly improve lives.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work ! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor .
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-09-10