Vice President, Government Affairs
Join an innovative team that is responsible for evolving the customer experience by establishing globalized connectivity without boundaries. By reaching beyond the satellite industry to leverage the broader communications landscape, our vision will define the performance and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
This position at Intelsat Corporation is responsible for supporting the development of Government Relations strategy, the building of relationships with individuals in Congress and the Administration and the implementation of policies that could influence the growth and competitiveness of Intelsat.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Develop and implement Intelsat’s political engagement strategy with federal, state and local elected officials, as well as with domestic and international regulatory agencies and key policymakers (US and international).
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key government officials that can influence or impact Intelsat business interests, including:
- US Congressional members
- US Administration staff
- Key US and international regulatory bodies
- European Commission
- Key international government officials
- Work with internal customers (Sales, Engineering, Communications, Strategy and Planning, etc) to understand and forecast business needs in order to affirmatively develop a strategy for the government affairs agenda, allowing Intelsat to proactively manage the political and regulatory environment as opposed to being reactive
- Increase visibility of Intelsat and its business issues with government officials, both domestic and international
- Participate in the internal development of key legislative/regulatory policy matters
- Manage Intelsat’s PAC
- Coordinate lobbying efforts on behalf of Intelsat interests
- Coordinate any testimony or written comments submitted by the Company or internal customers to industry associations regarding legislative or regulatory activities
- Advocate for Company and industry specific favorable results through lobbying, testifying and appearing before regulatory bodies
- Articulate Intelsat legislative priorities and influence key legislation affecting the satellite industry
- Expand and improve Intelsat’s relationships with the Pentagon and relevant services to provide insight into major program funding and procurement policy decision
- Identify and influence new funded commercial satcom programs
- Support Intelsat’s participation in domestic and international industry associations
- Build relationships with individuals in other satellite industry companies, related corporations, and non-profit organizations to improve the business climate and influence competitiveness of the commercial satellite industry
You should definitely have:
- At least 7-10 years of experience dealing dealing with the US Congress and the legislative process
- Strong knowledge of DoD budgeting, acquisition and appropriation process
- Strong developed knowledge of the US and international space industry
- Must be a US citizen, with the ability to obtain Top Secret security clearance
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
- Job requires ability to sit for long periods of time
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world’s leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat’s customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-07