Vice President of Government Affairs
Team and Role Overview
The Vice President of Government Affairs leads the development and execution of Relativity Space’s federal and local government strategy and will lead the fostering of relationships with individuals in Congress and the Administration and the implementation of policies that could influence the growth and competitiveness of Relativity Space.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
- Develop and implement the political engagement strategy with federal, state and local elected officials, as well as with domestic and international regulatory agencies and key policymakers (US and international).
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key government officials that can influence or impact our business interests, including:
- US Congressional members
- US Administration staff
- Key US and international regulatory bodies
- Work with internal customers (Sales, Engineering, and Communications) to understand and forecast business needs in order to develop a strategy for the government affairs agenda.
- Increase visibility of Relativity and its business issues with government officials.
- Coordinate lobbying efforts and manage all internal and external lobbying resources.
- Advocate for Company and industry specific favorable results through lobbying, testifying and appearing before regulatory bodies
- Expand and improve Relativity’s relationships with the Pentagon and relevant services to provide insight into major program funding and procurement policy decision
- Lead Relativity’s participation industry associations
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- At least 10 years of experience working with the US Congress and the legislative process
- Strong knowledge of NASA & DoD budgeting, acquisition and appropriation process
- Strong developed knowledge of the US and international space industry
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-15