Vice President, Government Affairs
The Vice President will serve as ITI’s chief advocate with the administration and relevant U.S. executive branch agencies. Successful candidates will have experience cultivating extensive relationships across federal agencies and executing a comprehensive public affairs program.
The Vice President will exercise independent professional judgment to:
- Continue to expand ITI’s relationships at the most senior levels of the executive branch;
- Identify major policy issues that could affect ITI membership, and advance positions and strategies to effectively deal with them;
- Develop and enhance strong working relationships with member companies and their government affairs representatives;
- Broaden and deepen relations within the administration to build support for the industry, establish political connections, and execute on the industry’s specific policy priorities;
- Serve as a spokesperson for ITI members and the industry in building relationships with other organizations, constituencies, and coalitions whose interests coincide with those of ITI;
- Actively participate in ITI member company recruiting activities; and
- Assist in running ITI’s political program.
Qualifications & Experience
The Vice President should be a well-respected and experienced professional with strong administration relationships, specifically with the White House, Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and key departments like Commerce. He/she should possess the following:
- Strong policy background with the ability to understand and analyze complex issues across various policy areas;
- The ability to effectively advocate on behalf of ITI member companies before the administration and relevant executive branch agencies on key policy priorities;
- Strong written communication abilities to articulate ITI member company views in official correspondence including letters, blog posts, and agency comments as needed;
- Relevant admininstration experience and a significant professional network within the administration;
- Ability to work with ITI member companies, both collectively and individually, to drive policy consensus and effectively represent the tech sector;
- A team player who works well with others and is vested in the overall success of the organization; and
- Strong interpersonal skills and networking abilities to liaise with a wide range of stakeholder groups.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-01-05