Vice President, Government Relations & Public Policy
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Represents Battelle and its affiliates on a variety of extremely complex issues to Members of Congress and Congressional Committees.
- Supports the planning and execution of programs proposed and managed by Battelle or Battelle affiliates.
- Coordinates the Congressional budget strategy with senior management of Battelle Corporate and Battelle’s affiliates, when appropriate.
- Manages the Congressional budget process for assigned business sector. This includes interactions with Members and staff on the appropriate committees.
- Manages the interface between Corporate and assigned affiliates with key members and staff of the Congressional Delegations where Corporate and affiliated organizations exist.
- Participates in organizations and coalitions that support legislation or initiatives that benefit Battelle and assigned business sectors.
- Support efforts by the Department of Energy, the Department of Homeland Security and other agencies to educate external constituencies on programmatic changes and initiatives that are a part of agency budgets.
- Coordinates activities of various consultants on retainer to Battelle in order to implement effective strategies on programs and budgets, while ensuring the consultants are compliant with Battelle’s corporate ethics policies.
- Participates in events sponsored by public policy organizations, charitable activities and nonpartisan programs sponsored by organizations.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in relevant roles performed on Capitol Hill with ten years experience with appropriate agencies or Congressional assignments. Ability to work effectively with management and staff of Battelle Laboratories, as well as Members and staff of both parties in Congress. Must have a thorough understanding of the Congressional budget process. Proven ability to work as a team with colleagues in a fast-paced environment with rapid turnaround on assignments from Congressional staff, agency staff and Battelle management.
TS/SCI clearance is highly desired
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
Learn more here
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
Job posted: 2020-06-08