Vice President, Political
SKDK, an award-winning public affairs and political advertising agency, is seeking a Vice President, Political to join its political team for the 2022 campaign season. With offices in Washington, D.C., New York City, Albany, and Los Angeles, SKDK brings unparalleled strategic communications experience to Fortune 500 companies, nonprofits, philanthropic organizations, labor unions, political committees, and candidates.
Whether it is creating a campaign launch video for a candidate, assisting a corporate client on establishing messaging around their corporate social responsibility strategy, or guiding a nonprofit through a crisis, SKDK is always at the forefront, leading the charge. There is no company better that understands the intersection of press, politics, and policy.
At SKDK, we are made whole by the diversity of our team. We are a firm that invites and celebrates the uniqueness of each member of our team and encourages individuals to bring their best selves into the workplace. Whether it is through participation in one of our Employee Resource Groups, serving on our DEI Council, opportunities to volunteer, or bringing a new perspective to client work, your individuality and experience matters.
Candidates should have a strong understanding of the strategic planning, creative process and tactical requirements needed to execute an effective paid media campaigns on behalf of Democratic candidates and progressive organizations.
A successful candidate will have:
- 8+ years of communications and/or management experience on political campaigns, with progressive political organizations or at advertising firms.
- Experience leading, managing, and crafting paid media campaigns and content for political campaigns or progressive organizations.
- Exceptional writing skills are a must, this includes script writing.
- A proven ability to analyze quantitative/qualitative research and develop strategy and messaging based on it.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience managing multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines in tandem.
- A willingness to work long hours and weekends when necessary (campaign hours).
- A team player who works well with a diverse team.
The position is based at the firm’s Washington, D.C., office, but travel for film shoots and planning sessions should be anticipated.
Please Note: This role is currently remote due to continued closure of SKDK offices due to COVID-19. This role will be Washington D.C based upon return to office (anticipated return date: January 2022). This position will require travel for film shoots and planning sessions.
What we offer:
SKDK provides a generous benefits package including 100% coverage for health, vision, and dental insurance premiums; paid parental leave; time off including vacation, holidays, and sick time; 401(k) with an employer contribution, reimbursement for cellular service, public transportation benefits, and additional benefits.
SKDK believes in the growth and development of all our employees and therefore we offer:
Professional development and career guidance
Opportunities for advancement
Participation in Employee Resource Groups
A collegial and supportive office environment
SKDK is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any protected category.
Job posted: 2021-11-08