Vice President, Public Affairs
About Forbes Tate Partners
Forbes Tate Partners (FTP) is a full-service public affairs consultancy specializing in bipartisan, federal and state government relations, strategic communications, grassroots and grasstops advocacy, issue campaigns, and corporate development. As a mid-sized firm, we have the breadth and depth of personnel and experience to manage a portfolio of over 100 clients, but also the flexibility to provide our clients with attentive and highly personalized support.
We are currently seeking a bright, focused and proactive individual to join our team as a Vice President in our Public Affairs practice. The candidate will lead and manage a diverse portfolio of clients, manage and develop staff teams, contribute to thought leadership activities, and participate in business development. This position is full-time salaried, with benefits and paid holidays. The Vice President reports to the Public Affairs Partners and works closely with senior leaders across the Public Affairs practice.
A bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of professional experience in public affairs, strategic communications, and/or media relations is required. Experience in coalition management, advocacy, and grassroots engagement is a plus. The ideal candidate must be team-oriented, have a keen attention to detail, possess exceptional oral and written communications skills, have a proven track record of leading and managing both clients and staff, and can work well under pressure.
- Proactively identifies, develops, and executes fully integrated public affairs campaigns that support Forbes Tate Partners’ clients.
- Manage client campaigns that combine research, earned and paid media, polling, grassroots engagement, coalition management, direct outreach to elected officials, and/or stakeholder engagement.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with members of the media.
- Develop and maintain a general knowledge of legislation, government policy, and current events relevant to Forbes Tate Partners’ work and its clients.
- Identify creative ways to engage on core issues and create new opportunities for clients to advocate for key priorities through events, meetings, and partnerships.
- Build and/or manage coalitions, maintain relationships with third-party stakeholders, and mobilize like-minded outside groups to advance client priorities.
- Responsible for delivering quantifiable and visible results on behalf of Forbes Tate Partners’ clients.
- Oversee outside vendor activities and budgets.
- Contribute to long-range planning of the Public Affairs practice by coordinating proposals for business development purposes, mentoring, and developing team members, and staying abreast of new industry developments.
- Complete projects as assigned/requested by the Public Affairs’ Partners.
How to Apply
Interested parties should send their resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com.
No calls, emails, or faxes, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. FTP is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment.
Job posted: 2020-08-24