Associate, Public Affairs
PLUS Communications, a public affairs firm based in Arlington, Virginia, is looking for an Associate to join the growing team. This role supports a variety of public affairs and corporate communications accounts – from Fortune 500 companies to trade associations and non-profits. You will be the glue that keeps our account teams together – supporting our internal team on written communications, project management and media relations activities.
The Associate position is a great opportunity to master the fundamentals of PR while working on a variety of integrated communications campaigns and building client relationships.
Responsibilities will include:
- Write and distribute basic communications materials including news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, newsletter content, statements and other press materials.
- Monitor media and hearings to report coverage for our clients.
- Coordinate basic research requests.
- Create and maintain press lists.
- Support event coordination and logistics for media events and briefings.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations for new business opportunities and current clients.
- Support administrative duties for key accounts such as preparing regular reports / trackers, maintaining online file databases, scheduling meetings, compiling notes.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant communications experience.
- Understanding of the communications landscape and how various communications channels work (i.e. digital, print, social, broadcast).
- Interest in public affairs and policy issues; ability to synthesize technical content.
- Practical understanding of AP Style.
- Strong PowerPoint skills.
- Experience with LexisNexis, Cision, Critical Mention.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously working across a variety of issues.
- Ability to work under pressure to manage tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects and changing priorities.
- A team player with a can-do attitude and a willingness to work in the trenches.
We offer competitive compensation, medical and dental insurance as well as a fast-paced work environment on a growing team with many opportunities for growth and advancement.
About PLUS Communications
PLUS Communications is a beltway-based consulting firm based in Arlington, Virginia, specializing in public affairs and corporate communications work focused on grassroots mobilization, crisis communication, coalition building, media relations, advertising, digital engagement, litigation support and message development.
With experience managing high-profile national projects in the United States and internationally, PLUS Communications’ ability to design and deploy a successful advocacy effort is a core competency that is unique among its competitors. PLUS Communications is large enough to run endeavors that are multinational in scale, but the firm takes pride in its founding commitment to work harder than anyone on behalf of its clients – no matter the size of the account.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-10-02