Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Chief People Officer
Chief People Officer
IDFA is looking for an experienced professional to join us as the Chief People Officer. The Chief People Officer will play a key dual role in both advancement of the associations’ People initiatives, driving long-term growth and sustainable value for our members and other stakeholders as well as leading operational excellence for our Human Resources Function at IDFA.
The successful candidate is a solution-oriented change leader and will develop and align the IDFA People Strategy with the association’s business strategy. The executive role will report to the President and CEO. The Chief People Officer is responsible for resourcing, managing, and executing the People Strategy for external and internal stakeholders.
- Build upon existing and create new People Strategy programs and initiatives that focus on workforce of the future, cultivating the next generation of leaders and empowering and supporting diversity in leadership roles across the industry.
- Act as thought leader: lead and direct the association’s People communities by understanding current and future challenges within the industry and educating and prioritizing issues with internal and external stakeholders. Speak at events or media engagements focused on people and human resources issues.
- Develop and implement a human resources plan that aligns with the overall mission and strategy of IDFA, resulting in innovative best practices and policies that will service the full range of IDFA’s HR needs and help build a high-performing culture of success, accountability, transparency, and collaboration.
- Gain an understanding of the organization and participate fully in all strategic deliberations. Act as a strategic partner to all members of the Executive Team and provide insightful, innovative thinking and problem solving on critical People issues.
- Optimize the internal HR function/team, modernize, and refine key operations, processes and activities aligned toward achieving strategic objectives.
- Provide guidance on special projects, analytics and reporting, talent reviews, training, change management, organizational design, diversity, and inclusion across the dairy industry.
- Develop tools and resources to assist IDFA member companies with People strategy priorities within their companies to deliver sustainable change. This will require working with internal stakeholders and member company representatives and recruiting and managing strategic partners and experts/vendors.
- Develop content for external relations (i.e., webinars, videos, podcasts) in collaboration with staff, members, and partners that reflect best practices.
- Develop, coordinate, and execute new and existing events and educational meetings that support the association’s People Strategy mission and goals.
- Collaborate internally to produce high-quality, substantive, and actionable deliverables against goals and objectives.
- Build relationships with People Strategy experts within the industry to develop content for existing and new People strategy initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree or MBA preferred. Certifications in HR and Diversity Training helpful (SPHR, GPHR, DICP). 15+ years of relevant business experience ideal.
- At least 10+ years of progressive leadership experience, with 2-3 years leading an HR function.
- Solid knowledge of all facets of HR with specialized expertise in at least two areas. Broad and deep experience as an HR Business Partner supporting executives or senior leadership.
- Practical and innovative leader with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and results.
- Creative thinker with strong interest in executing new strategies to drive increasing value to our members, partners, and stakeholders.
- Strong presentation skills with experience working at both executive and board levels.
- Executive presence and interpersonal skills that enable you to build relationships internally and externally and competencies that include: inspirational leadership, holistic ownership, strategic focus, operational intensity, and communicating with impact.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to build out metrics and synthesize data.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- An established network of HR contacts.
- Results-driven, agile, change agent with the commitment and confidence to assume a leadership role in an evolving complex environment.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Colin Newman, Chief of Staff at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Job posted: 2022-04-18