SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SpaceX is seeking an energetic individual for a position as a Communications Specialist. SpaceX is a dynamic and growing organization. We are seeking a self-driven individual to complement our growing team. As a key member of the Communications team, the Communications Specialist is responsible for assisting the Communications team with research, writing, and media relations projects. The Communications Specialist will help coordinate responses to routine inquiries from journalists. The Communications Specialist is an individual who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where no problem is too great and no detail too small.
- Refer incoming media inquiries and speaking invitations to the appropriate team member for review and response under tight and sometimes urgent timelines
- Assist the team with the researching and drafting of talking points, company statements and other messaging documents
- Assist with the management of the company’s social media channels by drafting content and securing necessary approvals before posting
- Update and maintain a list of media who cover the company
- Maintain, update, and distribute a shared calendar of speaking engagements, tradeshows, launches, and other external events which could impact company’s reputation or business
- Compile and distribute news stories about the company and its competitors on a daily basis
- Assist with the coordination of logistics for media covering launches or other events
- Travel domestically and work overtime as needed to support the team’s media relations programs at various launches
- Bachelor’s degree
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Experience working with a Communications team
- A proven track record of successfully managing routine and sometimes urgent inquiries from the media or colleagues inside an organization
- Comfortable working with highly technical topics
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and possess a proven ability to thrive under deadline pressure and to execute on a number of projects simultaneously
- Successful experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic, results-oriented team environment
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Occasional travel
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job posted: 2018-12-04