Digital Content Creator
Healthy Teen Network seeks a digital content creator who has a passion for and strong commitment to our mission and guiding principles. The Digital Content Creator is an integral part of the organization’s Communications team, supporting deliverables across several projects, as well as the organization’s communications and marketing efforts. This individual will report to the Director of Communications and will work closely with staff across departments, including especially, the Digital Health Communications Specialist.
The Digital Content Creator works closely with team members to support the conceptualization and development of strategies to translate research to practice through the creation and dissemination of accessible tools and resources. This position supports the development of copy and graphics for resources and works collaboratively with team members to execute graphic design elements. The Digital Content Creator facilitates the development, distribution, and evaluation of the dissemination strategies and activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain a deep understanding of the needs and priorities of key audiences (such as direct service providers, program managers, health educators, parents, and youth)
- Apply principles of human-centered design to ensure messages, products, and resources are created with the end-user in mind
- Identify and select the appropriate medium (such as tip sheets, podcasts, guides, or videos) to deliver messages to diverse audiences
- Explain and translate, or synthesize, research and best practices and complex public health information into simple, polished, and engaging content using plain language (i.e., research to practice) for consumption by diverse audiences
- Support development and graphic design of products, resources, and tools and accompanying marketing assets
- Support development and maintenance of organizational and project websites
- Compile and analyze dissemination analytics and user feedback to update and improve content and dissemination strategy
- Support evaluation of products, resources, and tools, and identify innovative approaches for improvement
- Facilitate the development, strategic distribution, and evaluation of the dissemination strategy and activities, such as email and social media marketing campaigns
- Facilitate member interactions and engagement across social media channels
- Assist in ensuring that department project goals are met and all activities are completed according to work plans and guidelines
- Complete additional duties, as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college, or equivalent combination of training and experience, required, in communications, marketing, technical writing, English, or related field
- Two or more years of experience required, related to 1) copywriting and content development, 2) graphic design and digital assets, and/or 3) communications and marketing
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated understanding of the importance of frequent, clear, and effective communication
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Experience developing, curating, and using digital assets and digital publishing
- Copyediting experience and strong proofreading skills, with the ability to follow a style guide
- Ability to work independently, and as a positive, proactive, and personable team player
- Ability to proactively establish and manage priorities
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Understanding of adolescent sexual and reproductive health, including teen pregnancy, HIV, sexually transmitted infection (STI), and issues related to young people who are pregnant/parenting, preferred
- Understanding of/familiarity with youth in systems of care child welfare and juvenile justice systems (e.g., youth in foster care), preferred
- Knowledge of/familiarity with human-centered design, strongly preferred
The Healthy Teen Network headquarters is located in Baltimore, MD. Due to the global pandemic, employees are currently working remotely. Long-term remote work may be possible; after social distancing requirements are relaxed, this position will be required to report to Baltimore, MD, for occasional meetings and events.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Healthy Teen Network is an equal opportunity employer and strives for diversity among its applicant pool as well as within its staff and board of directors. Healthy Teen Network believes in equal employment opportunities for all, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetics, military status, veteran status, or any legally protected classification. It is our intent and desire that equal employment opportunities will be provided in employment, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Healthy Teen Network offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including individual and family health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance coverage; a 401K plan; and generous Federal holidays and vacation and sick leave. This position is considered an exempt employee. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, ranging from $40,000 – $50,000.
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent English verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated understanding of the importance of frequent, clear, and effective communication
This position is a fast-track hire. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter (maximum length: 1 page), resume or curriculum vitae, and sample portfolio (a combination of writing and/or design samples appropriate) on the Healthy Teen Network website. In your cover letter, include specific information about:
1) Your commitment to Healthy Teen Network’s mission and guiding principles; and
2) How your unique qualifications and past experiences have prepared you to be a candidate for this position.
Job posted: 2020-11-11