Digital Public Relations Specialist
<span “:=”” 18px”=””>Digital Public Relations Specialist
NETSTOCK is a ten-year-old, cloud-based provider of inventory management applications to more than 1,600 customers globally. Founded in South Africa, the company has expanded globally with employees across four continents. The company recently closed a growth investment from Strattam Capital and is embarking on an exciting new phase of growth. This includes aggressive expansion in North America with headquarters in the Boston area.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for securing media coverage that generates brand mentions, backlinks to the netstock.co, and increases brand awareness that results in increased direct, organic, and referral traffic to the NETSTOCK website.
We’re looking for someone who is experienced and passionate about building relationships, and is comfortable working in a closely measured environment where quantifiable results are the primary goal. Some experience in a similar, public relations role that requires media outreach will be of great value. The ideal candidate has a strong “sales” orientation characterized by exceptional interpersonal skills, determination and optimism.
What You’ll Do
- Build Your Contact List. To succeed in this role, you’ll need to build a large database of bloggers, editors, journalists and other media professionals. There are tools that automate some of this work, but they’re supplementary to rolling up your sleeves and building media lists by hand.
- Reach Out. Reach Out Again. Outreach is the core, day-to-day activity in this role. You will email, call, follow, InMail, Tweet, email some more, then email again. You will send new and follow-up pitches every single day, and develop relationships along the way.
- Affect Influencers. As you connect with experts in the industry, you’ll come to better understand the missions and motivations of key professionals in our market. You’ll need to identify win-win opportunities and ensure they happen to build lasting, impactful relationships.
- Always Be Positioning. You’ll need to ensure that both NETSTOCK and your campaigns stand out in a crowded industry. Collaborate with the content team on campaigns and assets, segment your campaigns to reach the right audience (at the right time) and ensure that placements accurately reflect NETSTOCK’s product positioning.
- Measure, Report, Improve. You’ll use spreadsheets and other tools to measure the performance of your campaigns and regularly report on the overall impact of the media relations programs on NETSTOCK’s link acquisition, social shares and traffic trends.
Who You Are
- Excellent Communicator. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are critical for this role. You will send a lot of emails, place the occasional phone call, and perhaps even write a press release. This is a must-have.
- Self-Starter. You’ll be the first media relations manager at NETSTOCK. This is an exciting opportunity with a significant amount of autonomy and responsibility as we build out this program. You’re the kind of person that takes ownership, excels in ambiguity, and is excited to show the impact of your efforts on the business.
- Extroverted. Individuals who do well in this position are often outgoing. You should feel comfortable sending “cold” emails and phone calls as you connect with our community. In the end of the day, it’s often a numbers game — you love to compete by sending more emails and making more calls than anyone else.
- Persistent and Persuasive. It’s called “earned media” for a reason. We’re looking for an individual with a track record that shows diligence, empathy and persuasiveness. All will be essential to ensure others to take action and you’re successful.
- Always Organized and Productive. An effective media relations program requires great attention to detail and lots of coordination. If you have a penchant for getting stuff done, we want to hear from you.
Who We Are
NETSTOCK is the global leader in best-of-breed inventory replenishment and demand planning applications, integrating with a wide variety of ERP and supply chain management systems. Our app is an affordable, secure, cloud-based solution that enables SMBs to minimize stock-outs, reduce excess inventory, and free up working capital. The NETSTOCK app connects to ERP data to produce quality forecasts, reduce the time spent on manual tasks, and solve for the optimal investment required to achieve target fill rates. NETSTOCK serves more than 1,600 companies globally and is backed by Strattam Capital.
Visit us at www.netstock.co.
Job posted: 2021-07-05