Director – Government Relations
The National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) develops performance and other Standards for its Members in the electrical and medical imaging industries, crafts and executes advocacy campaigns and provides analytical products to assist Member companies with business decisions.
The Director – Government Relations will focus on energy policy and related electrical technology issues, including digital connectivity, primarily at the federal level. Some state advocacy may be sought. The position involves working closely with association Member executives; evaluating implications of legislative/regulatory initiatives; and developing and advocating policy positions that benefit the industry. Activities include interacting with legislative/regulatory staff and elected officials, preparing position papers and comments, covering hearings/markups, and implementing strategies that achieve Member objectives.
- Accountable for managing outcome-based advocacy efforts at the federal level
- Organize and manage grassroots efforts that include organizing visits by legislators to Member company facilities
- Manage NEMA Political Action Committee (NEMA PAC) including building lists of prior authorizations, developing PAC outreach materials to Member companies, and maintaining 100% compliance with FEC regulations
- Develop creative new ideas to increase Member use of Government Relations services
- Five plus years’ experience on Capitol Hill, Regulatory Agency, or trade association
- Undergraduate degree required – advanced degree a plus
- Demonstrated success in achieving outcomes, preferably in legislative and regulatory processes
- General knowledge of electric energy/utility and manufacturing challenges a plus
- Strong relationship builder with ability to meet goals in policy-making and regulatory processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to persuasively advocate in private and public settings at all times displaying executive presence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other legislative/issues tracking software
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-04-27