Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Government Relations and Public Policy
The American Society of Radiologic Technologists is seeking a director to manage state advocacy and government relations activities for the nation’s largest medical imaging and radiation therapy association. Working independently, this person works closely with senior management to evaluate and respond to proposed state and federal legislative and regulatory policies. In addition, the individual is responsible for gauging how the measures affect ASRT, its affiliates and the profession.
- Assists with coordinating government relations strategies with relevant stakeholders.
- Maintains continuous lines of communication, keeping senior management informed of all critical issues.
- Monitors, tracks and prioritizes legislative, policy and regulatory activities that may affect the profession.
- Lobbies state legislatures and regulatory agencies. Works with state affiliates to monitor and address legislative measures.
- Assists with public policy activities and develops strategies to address regulatory and accreditation issues.
- Develops partnerships with supporters and political alliances to advocate on behalf of the profession.
- Creates and disseminates legislative education and resources to ASRT members and affiliate societies.
- Oversees the administration and activities for the ASRT Committee on R.T. Advocacy.
Successful Candidates Should Meet the Following Criteria
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in political science, public administration or communications.
- Certified Association Executive (CAE) preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience directing legislative and regulatory policies at the state and federal level.
- Knowledge of nonprofit practices, association principles and volunteer management.
- Executive-level communication and interpersonal skills with strong leadership and decision-making abilities.
- Supreme relationship builder, able to share insights, seek out opinions and listen to the needs and concerns of others.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- 100% employer paid premiums for medical, dental, vision, life insurance and short- and long-term disability for employees.
- Generous 401(k) plan with company match.
- Vacation, sick time and holiday pay.
- Community volunteer paid time off.
- Tuition reimbursement and opportunity for professional development.
Want to Join Our Team?
To begin your journey, submit your cover letter and résumé at asrt.org/asrtjobs.
Who Are We?
At the American Society of Radiologic Technologists, our work makes a difference. As a national, nonprofit membership association for medical imaging and radiation therapy professionals, ASRT has positively affected our nearly 157,000 members’ lives every day since 1920. We strive to create a positive work environment that is transparent, collaborative, highly professional and service driven.
In our state-of-the-art facility, radiologic technologists work side by side with professionals from niches outside of health care to meet the needs of our members. We value our employees and look for opportunities to help them grow. We also provide them with the tools and resources needed to perform their jobs to meet our high expectations. Our track record of supporting our many long-term employees is a testament to our positive working environment.
ASRT is an equal opportunity employer. All newly hired employees are subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
Job posted: 2021-10-18