Director, Government Relations
The Director, Government Relations position sits within the company’s government relations organization. Intel Government Relations is responsible for advocating for the company’s public policy positions with members of Congress and White House officials, federal agencies, state, local and provincial governments and governments abroad. This role will focus on relationships with U.S. Senate Republican offices and have a U.S. technology policy issue area responsibility.
– Represents the company before the U.S Congress and key US federal agencies, focused primarily on promoting pro-technology, pro-business policy initiatives.
– Assists with the development and implementation of legislative strategies and tactics
– Analyzes legislation important to the company and advocates in support of programs that align with company priorities
– Works closely with the company’s business units on specific customer projects, and drives Congressionally-focused business development activity and strategic activity
– Must have substantial knowledge of senate committee processes
– Strong collaborative, teaming and interpersonal skills, and behaviors are necessary to work with all levels of the business, as well as this ability to be a self-starter who shows initiative
– The ability to synthesize and summarize legislative issues and implications for management are required
– A seasoned professional who can resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
– Direct technology policy experience, including telecommunications issues preferred
– Strategic planning skills, experience with consultant management is helpful
– Excellent written and oral skills required.
– Bachelor’s Degree
– 7+ years of government relations experience, including experience on Capitol Hill and/or with federal government entities.
– This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
Inside this Business Group
Global Public Policy (GPP) is responsible for+hartered to devise and execute geo-specific influencing strategies and build local working relationships with policy makers in support of Intel’s business strategies.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2018-11-08