Director, Political Action Committee
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a Director, Political Action Committee for our San Antonio, Texas home office location.
The USAA Employee Political Action Committee (PAC) Director is responsible for the growth, compliance, and day-to-day administration and management of the PAC, including budget development and oversight.
In this position, you will manage employees providing research and analytical support to the USAA Government & Industry Relations (GIR) lobbying team. Oversees regional government and industry relations that could result and impact USAA’s operations. Plays a key role in developing the disbursement strategy that supports USAA’s advocacy goals. Ensures information resources are maintained and that status of legislation is reported to USAA’s COSA’s. The role is also responsible for oversight of the USAA Political Action Committee (PAC) budget, fundraising strategy, and compliance.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we’ve been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we’ve ranked among Victory Media’s Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers – Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Responsible for oversight of identification, analysis and tracking of legislation and/or regulation that may impact USAA’s operations.
- Plays a key role in coordinating strategies to achieve USAA’s legislative objectives.
- Works with other company and trade association’s representatives to ensure appropriate discussion and analysis are considered and the requisite coordinated action is executed.
- Creates strategy for legislative advocacy and manages implementation of lobbying strategy.
- Leads information resources in relation to active legislation.
- Responds internally to questions on a variety of legislative issues that affect the company and frequently interacts with senior management on matters requiring inter and intracompany coordination.
- Understands the political environment identifies key issues that may affect USAA’s operations.
- Ensures the managing team of analysts have a comprehensive knowledge of the legislative process and provides interpretation and explanation of the more complex legislative enactments.
- Advises management on prudent political strategy and the potential reaction.
- Maintains knowledge of USAA’s current operations and the financial services industry.
- Stays abreast of issues in the financial services industry and actively seeks to link those issues to ongoing or emerging legislative opportunities.
- Maintains relationships both within and outside USAA to facilitate information gathering and dissemination.
- Promotes collaboration of work efforts with and provides guidance to managing team, peers, coworkers and outside contacts and independently handles critical situations.
- Represents USAA before Federal and/or State Legislatures and Regulatory Agencies, where appropriate, under the direct supervision of a Vice President or Assistant Vice President of Government Relations.
- Responsible for personnel actions for staff to include hiring, coaching and employee development, recognition, performance management, promotions, dismissals, and disciplinary action.
- Bachelor’s degree required or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years experience in government relations role or related experience
- 2 years leadership experience or demonstrated leadership in a related area
- Demonstrate adaptablity
- Subject-matter-expert in Microsoft office and applicable web tools
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- PAC management experience maintaining a compliance program in a heavily regulated financial services corporate setting
- Previous experience is developing and leading fundraising strategies for a Political Action Committee
- Previous experience leading a federal multi candidate Political Action Committee
- Experience planning events to support the PAC Efforts
- Existing relationships with fundraising consultants
- Knowledge of applicable Federal Election Commission law and regulations
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $117,600.00 – $211,700.00.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Job posted: 2021-02-24