Director, Public Affairs
The Director will play a key role developing and executing communications plans – including message and content development. The Director will work across a variety of public affairs accounts and policy areas to develop written material from press releases, fact sheets and op-eds to executive speeches, memos and annual reports. The Director will also support a variety of communications needs – including media outreach, as needed. Ideal candidates will have a demonstrated track record navigating complex policy issues and/or regulatory affairs at the federal or state level.
- Draft edit press releases, blog posts, op-eds, statements and other materials supporting a variety of public affairs issues
- Craft speeches, thought leadership pieces and talking points for key client accounts
- Develop fact sheets, website content and other written collateral
- Coordinate media outreach as appropriate – cultivating relationships with key reporters
- Develop strategic communications plans to support client campaigns
- Minimum of 4-5 years of relevant experience in communications
- Significant experience writing and editing materials for multiple voices – including elected officials, CEOs, and other C-Suite executives
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously working across a variety of issues
- Successful track record of pitching media across national and local outlets
- Interest in public affairs and policy issues; ability to synthesize technical content
- Practical understanding of AP Style
- Understanding of the communications landscape and how various communications channels work (i.e. digital, print, social, broadcast)
- Ability to work under pressure to manage tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects and changing priorities
- Can-do attitude and a willingness to work in the trenches
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
No phone calls please.
We offer competitive compensation, medical and dental insurance as well as a faced-paced work environment on a growing team and a great amount of opportunity for career advancement.
Items to Include for all applications:
- Writing Sample & Cover Letter
- Application Questions –
- Questions specific to role as needed
PLUS Communications is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Job posted: 2020-08-27