Director, Public Affairs
We’re looking for a seasoned public affairs professional, based in Washington DC, that can head up the public affairs function within our government relations team. The ideal teammate will have demonstrated success developing and executing strategic public affairs campaigns to advance higher-level public policy objectives. If you are a creative thinker, collaborative team player, and excel at getting it done, then this job is a good fit for you.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with business, financial, political, tech, and music industry media and influencers.
- Develop creative public affairs strategies — often in tandem with external stakeholders — to advance Pandora/SiriusXM’s public policy and political objectives.
- Manage third parties and external agencies to execute successful public affairs objectives.
- Develop and support key internal business relationships and serve as the liaison to the communications team.
- Understand the nuances and history of music licensing and copyright and translate it into messaging, talking points, fact sheets, and web content.
- Develop narratives and policy materials for use in briefing reporters, external stakeholders and internal partners.
- Work under time-sensitive conditions within fast-paced news cycles.
- Support Pandora/SiriusXM’s political/advocacy sales team with DC media.
- Brief executives for media interviews, hearings, and other public events.
- BS/ BA
- 8+ years experience working in communications/public affairs
- Strong background in media relations
- Demonstrated ability to digest and communicate complex policy issues
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with remote team members as well as cross-functional partners
- Experience developing, implementing, and reporting proactive and impactful communications campaigns
- Experience working with senior company officials
Requirements And General Skills
- Agency or corporate communications experience
- Experience working with tech, political, and/or music industry media
- Familiarity with US Copyright law and tech policy
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status,
veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job posted: 2019-11-29