ABOUT KEEP FLORIDA BEAUTIFUL (KFB); KFB is the state affiliate of Keep America Beautiful (KAB). KFB represents 44 local KAB Affiliates in Florida and over 100,000 volunteers that are critical to Florida’s beautification, litter prevention education and recycling efforts. KFB’s mission is to inspire, educate and empower people in Florida to take action every day to improve and beautify their community environments.
EOE All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or national origin.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Executive Director of Keep Florida Beautiful serves as the primary contact person and liaison for all KFB activities. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and Executive Committee, and administers and directs all KFB programs, fundraising, financial planning, public relations, and personnel activities for the organization. The Executive Director is responsible for providing effective leadership and administration of Keep Florida Beautiful. The location of this position in Florida is negotiable but anticipates a “home office” setting.
The Executive Director will travel throughout Florida to meet with KFB Affiliates. Some out-of-state travel will also be required for meetings with Keep America Beautiful.
GOAL OF POSITION
The primary goal of this position is to provide a solid foundation for the organization through funding, public awareness, and Affiliate development. In addition, the Executive Director will lead, develop and brand KFB as an organization that brings together stakeholders and disseminates information and knowledge to shape the future of Florida as one of the most beautiful states in the Nation.
Reports to: KFB’s Executive Committee and Board of Directors
Directs: KFB employees and contract employees
Other: Interacts with Board members and officers, Affiliate communities, national affiliations, corporations, donors, contracting agencies, and the public.
The Executive Director is the chief operating officer of KFB and serves at the pleasure of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors. The Executive Director is responsible for the day to day operations of KFB.
Leadership and Management:
- Oversees the development of the organization’s public awareness campaigns, fund development, community outreach, education, special events, and awards programs in accordance with the mission statement of Keep Florida Beautiful.
- Works with KFB’s Board of Directors to create and implement KFB’s strategic plan.
- Works closely with the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) to negotiate and implement the KFB grant agreement, including all necessary contracts and management of finances.
- Develops relationships with government agencies, school districts, businesses, civic associations, and media to promote Keep Florida Beautiful and its Affiliates.
- Facilitates partnerships between the Florida Affiliates, local governments and private industry in solid waste, recycling, and other environmental issues.
- Collaborates with KFB board members, state agency staff and state legislators to help obtain and administer state funding for KFB and Affiliates (Note: The Executive Director does not perform any lobbying activity).
- Coordinates statewide Keep America Beautiful initiatives such as the Great American Cleanup, America Recycles Day, etc.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of the KFB Annual Conference.
- Works with state and local municipalities to help reach State recycling goals.
- Represents the organization at the local, regional, and national levels.
- Oversees the administration of the annual budget, including grants and contracts.
- Actively participates in the KAB State Leaders’ Council.
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned by KFB’s Board of Directors
Staff Development/Human Resources
- Responsible for all aspects of human resources, including screening, interviewing, hiring, termination, and orientation of staff. Oversees payroll administration.
- Ensures that job descriptions are developed, regular performance evaluations are held, and sound human resource practices are in place.
- Provides new employee orientation/training.
- Maintains a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of well-qualified individuals.
Board Development and Policy
- Becomes familiar with Board governance and policies, including the KFB By-Laws.
- Assists the Board Chair in setting agendas, preparing board orientation and board meetings.
- Develops updated policies as needed for board consideration and administers adopted policies.
- Cultivates existing and potential board member relationships.
- Serves as the face of KFB with private and public entities, and the media.
- Oversees all marketing campaigns to provide increased visibility and recognition of KFB.
- Manages the KFB website and all social media accounts.
- Works with the Florida Affiliates to provide training and maintains a coordinated statewide Affiliate network.
- Provides technical assistance and support to Florida Affiliates for compliance with Keep America Beautiful requirements and FDOT grant requirements.
- Encourages and participates in pre-certification and certification training for new Affiliates
- Creates and leads campaign to increase corporate membership in KFB.
- Collaborates with KFB board members, state agency staff and state legislators to help obtain and administer state funding for KFB and Affiliates.
- Maintains data on donors/sponsors/partners and ensures that all donors/sponsors/partners are properly recognized.
Budget and Organizational Planning
- Creates strategic plan and vision for KFB in consultation with the KFB Board of Directors.
- Creates and manages annual budget, including grants and contracts.
Administration: Contract and Financial Management
- Oversees the administration of the organization’s contracts, grants, and annual budget.
- Maintains financial controls and reviews.
- Ensures all assets are properly maintained and managed.
An ideal candidate for the Executive Director position will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong existing relationships with complementary agencies and organizations that would facilitate KFB’s collaborative opportunities.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and advancing dialogue on issues relating to KFB’s mission.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Supervise and motivate employees; develop, analyze, and interpret policies and procedures; exercise sound judgment in making administrative decisions involving staff and service activities.
- Past success managing a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing and potential board member relationships.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking and training; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; familiarity with software relating to budgets and accounting.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people including public and private agencies, advisory groups, co-workers, private businesses, and the public.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Willingness to manage many different types of tasks.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel as needed.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Advanced degree in a physical or natural science, public administration, business administration, or a related field; or
- Five years of experience in a similar position, which included interacting with funding agencies and other governmental agencies, two years of which included supervisory duties or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Competitive Salary
- Continuous training
- Flexible working hours
- Additional benefits are TBD
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter/email to email@example.com no later than September 1, 2019.
Job posted: 2019-08-06