Government Affairs Associate
Leidos, a Fortune 500 global IT, technology and engineering company, has an opening for a Government Affairs Associate to provide research and other strategic support to the Government Affairs Team.
The Government Affairs Associate spends 60-70% of his/her time supporting the Senior Vice President and Government Affairs Team in their lobbying and government relations efforts. Approximately 30-40% of time is spent providing administrative support and reception.
After demonstrated success executing core duties, responsibilities could expand to issue management and lobbying.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct company, policy, funding and other research, using internal and external resources; prepare presentations and briefings, and provide critical data to the Government Affairs Team, in support of lobbying activities including meetings with Members/staff on the Hill, as well as the Leidos Board of Directors and Executive Leadership Team (ELT); analyze and document Leidos’ footprint in congressional districts
- Track the President’s Budget Request, appropriations bills, and certain authorization bills, and provide in-depth political and policy analysis
- Prepare/maintain Excel spreadsheets, tables/charts/graphs, talking points, memos, customer and market analyses
- Schedule and prepare for meetings
- Maintain Government Affairs electronic files and databases
- Perform reception duties, handle various facilities-related tasks, and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, government, communications, or related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience, preferably on Capitol Hill, or in public policy, national security, or government affairs
- Strong oral and written communication skills; advanced skills in all Microsoft Office suite applications, especially PowerPoint to develop effective and creative presentations
- Strong comprehension of the federal legislative and executive branches of government
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills; ability to work independently and as part of a cohesive team in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible team player with the ability to effectively prioritize concurrent projects, execute tasks and meet deadlines while demonstrating professionalism
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Keen attention to detail and the delivery of high quality products in a timely manner is essential
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-21