Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Affairs Associate
Bipartisan government relations firm is seeking an experienced, reliable, and task-oriented Government Affairs Associate. The Associate works on a team with other Associates and provides support to partners, principals and clients of the firm. The Associate is responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of various policy issues of the partners and principals and should be able to independently answer inquiries, respond to internal and external requests, and provide comprehensive administrative support by using their own judgement and discretion. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment, have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and keen attention to detail.
· Support busy lobbyists with complex calendars, travel itineraries, and logistics as well as daily ad hoc projects;
· Coordinate with lobbyists and policy analysts on strategic initiatives and work product deliverables;
· Successful execution of public-facing events;
· Participate in team meetings; and
· Build relationships with internal and external clientele.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
· Office/Administrative, scheduling, and/or fundraising experience.
· Strong working knowledge of Capitol Hill and/or the Administration.
· Positive, flexible attitude, and creative problem-solving skills are a must.
· Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail; must follow through in a timely manner, completing tasks without prompting.
· Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
· Outstanding interpersonal communication skills that are professional, effective, and courteous.
· Demonstrate a high degree of integrity when dealing with people from a broad array of backgrounds and cultures.
· Ability to establish effective working relationships with employees and stakeholders at all levels.
· Solid understanding of how social and digital media platforms work.
· Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills.
· Comfortable with technology: Zoom, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, Microsoft Office, and others.
PARTIAL LIST OF BENEFITS:
· Competitive Salary
· Fully paid healthcare including vision, dental, and health reimbursement account (HRA)
· Optional health flexible spending account (FSA) and dependent care FSA
· 401K with profit-sharing
· Flexible leave schedule
· Professional and fun place to work
Send resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Job posted: 2023-05-10