Government Affairs Coordinator
We are Covestro. We are curious. We are courageous. We are colorful. We refined Chemical material solutions with game-changing products. Let us empower you to push boundaries. Join us and our 16,000 colleagues now and together we will MAKE the world a brighter place.
WHAT WE OFFER
Covestro is seeking to hire a Government Affairs Coordinator. This position supports the North American Government Affairs team at both the federal and state levels and provides administrative support for the Washington, DC office. This position also assists in managing Covestro’s political action committee (PAC) and political outreach programs, coordinating site visits by elected officials, managing internal and external reporting requirements on lobbying activities and implementing compliance and ethics training programs.
- Covestro PAC
- Manages CovestroPAC communication, administration, budget and website
- Manages CovestroPAC quarterly newsletter
- Assists with development and distribution of CovestroPAC corporate communications, including education and solicitation campaigns
- Manages CovestroPAC FEC and state filings and compliance
- Manages corporate compliance with federal lobbying reporting requirements, to include coordination with outside counsel on appropriate reporting methods
- Assists with development and implementation of corporate ethics and compliance training regarding interaction with government officials
- Federal and State Government Affairs
- Serves as Government Affairs lead for coordinating site visits and events for elected officials and candidates
- Develops and distributes election-related educational materials to relevant employees
- Monitors the Federal Register, members of Congress and key congressional committees on Capitol Hill regarding issues of importance to Covestro
- Manages federal issues portfolio including education and workforce
- Supports Federal Government Affairs team as needed
- Supports State Government Affairs team as needed
- Manages day-to-day office administration, including securing office supplies, relations with building management and event planning
- Assists Head of Government Affairs with expense reporting
- Coordinates internally with other departments to complete cross-unit projects as necessary
Bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy or a related field of study
At least four (4) years of experience working on Capitol Hill/state capitol or at a law firm, lobbying firm or trade association, corporate government affairs office or trade association
Experience working with political action committees (PACs)
At least six (6) years of experience working on Capitol Hill/state capitol or at a law firm, lobbying firm or trade association, corporate government affairs office or trade association
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
Interest in both politics and public policy, and the ability to apply related knowledge to PAC management, policy advocacy and lobbying disclosure compliance
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees both internally and externally
Self-motivated, disciplined, organized, detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment with a lean team of professionals
WHAT YOU OFFER
Are you curious, courageous and colorful as we are? If so, we can offer you exciting career opportunities. We look forward to receiving your application including a cover letter, your resume, certificates as well as your salary expectations and your notice period. Become part of our Team – apply now!
Equal Employment Opportunity: Hiring and advancement are based on job-related requirements and on an individual’s qualifications to perform a job. All aspects of employment are carried out free of discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disabilities, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression or any unlawful criterion, existing under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Info-Hotline: +1 844-522-6775 If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. To make a request, please call (412) 413-2736.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-03-27