Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Affairs Manager
Government Affairs Manager
The Government Affairs Manager provides general and project support to the Government Affairs Team, manages the Premier Employee Political Action Committee (PAC), manages the Premier Government Affairs Network (GAN), assists in preparing and organizing advocacy and member-facing communications, and serves as a junior bipartisan, non-partisan lobbyist .
- Management of the Premier Employee Political Action Committee (PAC) including:
- Ensuring legal, ethical and financial compliance with all Lobbying Disclosure Act (LDA), Ethics Committee and Federal Election Commission (FEC) requirements.
- Prepararing and filing of all LD-2, LD-203, FEC and other related reporting requirements.
- Developing and coordination of company-wide PAC communications to internal audiences (e.g. PAC solicitations, PAC updates, PAC annual reports, etc.).
- Developing a strategic plan to expand employee participation in the PAC.
- Maintaining relationships with Congressional fundraisers.
- Managing the Premier Employee PAC Advisory Committee; coordinating meetings and briefings, developing meeting agendas, maintenance of PAC legal documentation, and management of the Premier Employee PAC webpage.
- Management of the Premier Government Affairs Network (GAN) including:
- Maintaining the roster of GAN members, including onboarding new members.
- Developing agendas and supporting materials for GAN meetings.
- Supporting live, in-person GAN meetings twice a year by working with Premier’s Conference Services Team.
- Support of the Government Affairs Team including:
- Managing customer relationship management programs (e.g. Quorum, PAC Master, Salesforce, etc.) to support engagement and outreach strategies.
- Responding to routine inquiries from external or internal sources with standard correspondence or other messaging.
- Preparing correspondence and presentations, tracking federal healthcare policy trends and writing advocacy communications as assigned.
- Managing the process for virtual events and virtual webinars.
- Serve as a registered bipartisan, non-partisan lobbyist to help advance Premier’s advocacy agenda.
In addition, the Government Affairs Manager will have:
- Proven organizational and time management skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills, with the ability to perform with a high level of tact, integrity and professionalism while interacting with all levels of management, peers and internal/external stakeholders.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of file management and other administrative processes/procedures.
- The ability to exercise independence and discretion.
- Experience in managing and reporting on multiple projects.
What we’re looking for:
Years of Applicable Experience – 2 or more years
Skills & Experience:
Financial Operations, Office Operations, Project Management
High School Diploma or GED (Required)
In order to comply with applicable legal obligations, Premier requires employees to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. We will consider requests for disability or religious accommodations during the recruiting process as needed. Premier will also observe state laws related to vaccination, as applicable.
Relevant Experience to include:
- Experience managing a corporate Political Action Committee (PAC).
- Experience leading cross-functional projects and demonstrated ability in creating and managing internal/external relationships.
- Familiarity with and interest in U.S. political system.
Ability to work onsite 3 days a week at 444 North Capital Street – NW
Premier’s compensation philosophy is to ensure that compensation is reasonable, equitable, and competitive in order to attract and retain talented and highly skilled employees. Premier’s internal salary range for this role is $51,000 – $95,000. Final salary is dependent upon several market factors including, but not limited to, departmental budgets, internal equity, education, unique skills/experience, and geographic location. Premier utilizes a wide-range salary structure to allow base salary flexibility within our ranges.
Employees also receive access to the following benefits:
· Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
· 401k retirement program
· Paid time off
· Participation in Premier’s employee incentive plans
· Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities
Premier at a glance:
- Ranked #1 on Charlotte’s Healthiest Employers list for 2019, 2020, and 2022 and 49th Healthiest Employer in America (2022)
- Named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere® Institute for the 16th year in a row
- The only company to be recognized by KLAS twice for Overall Healthcare Management Consulting
- Perks and discounts
- Access to on-site and online exercise classes
- Paid time off to volunteer in their communities
- Tuition reimbursement as well as professional development opportunities
Premier is looking for smart, agile individuals like you to help us transform the healthcare industry. Here you will find critical thinkers who have the freedom to make an impact. Colleagues who share your thirst to learn more and do things better. Teammates committed to improving the health of a nation. See why incredible challenges require incredible people.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to unlawful discrimination because of their age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, pregnancy status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, covered military or protected veteran status, disability, or any other applicable federal, state or local protected class, trait or status or that of persons with whom an applicant associates. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Premier complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply.
Premier also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability or those who have a sincerely held religious belief. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Premier Recruiting at 704.816.5200.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-02