Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Affairs Representative II
Job Title: Government Affairs Representative II
Salary Range: $84,115.00-$121,967.00
Opening Date: July 15, 2022
Closing Date: Friday, July 30, 2022
Please Note: All job announcements close at 11:59 p.m. of the day before the posted closing date.
Your Journey Begins With Us!
As the Government Affairs Representative II, you maintain effective working relationships with governmental agencies and organizations that have direct impact on the Airports Authority.
Serves in the Office of Communications and Government Affairs at the Headquarters Office in Arlington, VA.
Performs the full range of governmental affairs activities. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with government agencies and offices and non-governmental support organizations that have direct impact on the Airports Authority. Performs related functions.
- Maintains liaison with the US Congress and various Federal executive branch agencies (e.g. Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration, Transportation Security Administration) and the Commonwealth of Virginia, state of Maryland, District of Columbia and other local and regional legislative, regulatory and oversight entities that have direct impact on the Airports Authority’s enterprises, as assigned.
- Maintains regular communications with officials to exchange routine and non-routine information; develops contacts that will serve the Airports Authority’s key interests.
- Represents the Airports Authority at meetings and conferences with governmental organizations and supporting non-governmental organizations; participates in periodic meetings with federal, state, local government officials and Congressional staff to explain the Airports Authority’s status, actions and initiatives.
- Analyzes Federal, state, and county legislative proposals, regulations and other issues/actions to assess the impact on the Airports Authority’s policies and programs.
- Researches issues and prepares official responses to inquiries from Congress and Federal agencies; reviews responses prepared by other Airports Authority offices. Identifies and recommends strategies to present the Airports Authority’s position on legislative initiatives.
- Develops draft briefing papers for legislators and key staff in response to formal and informal requests for information from officials, the private sector and the public.
- Attends legislative sessions to personally communicate the Airports Authority’s position; assists in preparing Airports Authority officials to testify, as appropriate.
- Coordinates annual outreach program for elected and appointed Federal, state, District of Columbia and city and county officials and their staff to inform and engage them concerning the Airports Authority; may arrange and coordinate other special events including meetings and tours for officials.
- Coordinates communication efforts with the Office’s Media Relations Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in government affairs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal, state/regional/local governmental organization/operations and legislative processes.
- Ability to identify, develop, recommend and implement government affairs strategies and outreach efforts.
- Ability to research and develop position papers and official response statements strategies.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills, with emphasis on persuasive communication techniques.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain poise.
- Ability to analyze data and information and make recommendations.
- Ability to use a computer and modern office suite software.
- A high school diploma or a Certificate of General Educational Development (GED).
- CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES REQUIRED
- A state driver’s license in good standing.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires.
To Apply: www.mwaa.com/careers
Job posted: 2022-07-16