Government Affairs Specialist
Dunkin’ Brands- Communications
Government Affairs Specialist
Do you want a fast-paced and exciting work environment? Grab a coffee, let’s chat.
Who We Are-
With an energy that is infectious and a singular dedication to building on our successes, our people have grown our company into one of the world’s leading franchisors of quick service restaurants with more than 19,000 points of distribution in more than 60 countries worldwide. The success that we have built from our many years of creating products that people love is something we delight in sharing with our approximately 1,100 employees. But the best part about working at Dunkin’ Brands is being associated with well-known brands that people identify with great taste, delicious products and consistent service across the globe.
We are poised for even greater success, and we need enthusiastic people who are looking for career growth at a company that encourages innovation and nurtures entrepreneurial thinking. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment, have a positive attitude, and are looking for a company that invests in its employees then please apply! For more information, please visit www.dunkinbrands.com
Purpose of Position-
The Government Affairs Specialist will provide high-level coordination and support to the Government Affairs Team for both Dunkin’ Donuts and Baskin-Robbins. The role will support the Government Affairs team in developing and implementing advocacy strategies, track and report on strategic objectives, and support Dunkin’ Brands Political Action Committee (PAC) activities.
The incumbent will be involved in a wide array of Dunkin’ Brand, Inc.’s government affairs work, including providing essential support to our state government affairs team, as well as working with consultants and, efficiently managing and interacting with a number of trade associations. The job will include advocacy writing to further our policy agenda, and assisting with both administrative and compliance responsibilities relating to our advocacy work. The role includes a broad range of project and issue management work related to political engagement combined with direct stakeholder interaction.
What You’ll Be Working On-
- Develop and manage federal, state and local grassroots advocacy campaigns
- Facilitates engagement initiatives and promoting public officials visits to home office or restaurant locations across the country
- Monitors, researches and analyzes proposed legislative and regulatory development and how they impact the brand
- Prepares and presents verbal and written status updates on legislative, regulatory and policy developments and position papers to internal stakeholders
- Works on the development, solicitation and compliance of Political Action Committee with the Vice President, Government Affairs
- Drafts correspondence to elected officials and government agencies
- Drafts periodic government affairs reports and newsletter
- Provide support of external advocacy-related events, such as lobby days
- Manage lobbying disclosure compliance requirements for team
- Provides miscellaneous support to team in field, as needed
- Assists with event scheduling and coordination, as needed
What You’ll Need-
- Bachelor’s degree required; Political Science or Communications degree preferred
- 2-4 years’ experience working in public policy or government affairs and familiarity with the legislative and regulatory process
- 1-2 experience in a legislative environment preferred
- Excellent planning, organizational and project management skills
- Exceptional written, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and business problem solving skills
- 1:30 release every Friday
- On site fitness gym
- Casual dress code- jeans every day!
- Endless supply of coffee, ice cream and donuts!
Dunkin’ Brands, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and considers all applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, gender, sex, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or veteran status or any other legally protected category.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please email us at Careers@Dunkinbrands.com and include the nature of your request, your name and preferred method of contact. Requests for accommodation are considered on a case by case basis. Any application materials submitted will not be considered and we will not respond to any inquires made that are unrelated to requests for reasonable accommodation by individuals with disabilities.
In the U.S., Dunkin’ Brands is an “at will” employer, which means if hired, you or the company may terminate your employment for any lawful reason or for no reason, with or without advance notice, with or without cause, and at any time and this cannot be changed by any statement, promise, policy, code or course of conduct, except by a writing signed by an appropriate officer of the Company.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-07-26