Government Relations Coordinator
Turo is expanding our Government Relations program and seeks an organized and energetic professional to work directly with our Vice President in three key areas: operations, grassroots and public policy. This is an incredible opportunity to explore career options in government relations with a fast-growing startup and contribute to shaping global public policy in the car sharing space.
- Develop, implement and manage best operational practices for the growing government relations team to ensure maximum efficiency with respect to budget, scheduling, formal government filings, data, collateral, international consultancies, presentations and events. (50-60%)
- Collaborate with and assist Government Relations Manager (Grassroots) with execution of digital campaigns and in-person events across 50 states. (20-25%)
- Collaborate with and assist Public Policy Manager with responding to international consultancies, conducting legislative research, third party research and policy development, and document production for advocacy, among other tasks. (20-25%)
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years experience in operations, program management or government relations administration.
- Direct professional or personal experience with government relations, public policy or political campaigns.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Phenomenal organizational skills – Demonstrates a very high level organizational competence. Success in this role is directly linked to outstanding performance in this area.
- Action oriented – Identifies opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Plans and aligns – Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Collaborates – Builds partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Builds networks – Effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Manages ambiguity – Operates effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
Other important skills:
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal and computer skills required. Familiarity with suite of Google, Apple and Microsoft office productivity tools is essential. Ability to quickly learn digital marketing and communication technology is required.
- Ability to work independently with minimum direction as well as work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work on fast-paced, time-sensitive matters with internal and external constituents.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse individuals and communities.
- Ability to complete work in a timely and efficient manner and ensure work is accurate.
- Ability to utilize available technology to perform position responsibilities.
**Required travel is anticipated to be fairly low – 1-3 domestic short trips per year.
Competitive salary and meaningful equity
Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
Four weeks paid time off, 11 paid holidays, volunteer time off, parental leave
Weekly catered lunch
Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
Turo owner matching and vehicle reimbursement program
Turo travel credit every month
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-02-24