Government Relations Lead
Policy and Government Relations: State, Local, Higher Education – Government Relations Lead
(Washington, DC, Sacramento, Austin, Chicago, or Atlanta)
Deloitte’s Policy and Government Relations (PGR) group is currently looking to add a Government Relations professional to the team. This role will begin on a remote work basis and be based in a Deloitte office in Washington, DC, Sacramento, Austin, Chicago, or Atlanta thereafter.
Policy and Government Relations Core Functions:
- Protect Deloitte’s business interests and expand growth opportunities through advocacy, education, and engagement at the federal and state levels
- Establish Deloitte as a trusted thought leader by promoting the Firm’s eminence with government stakeholders and policy influencers at the federal and state levels
- Support internal and external clients by monitoring, analyzing, and providing insights into the political, legislative, and public policy landscapes
- Identify and analyze policy trends to help inform business decisions, develop policy positions, and advance the Firm’s business objectives and initiatives
- Support and advance Deloitte’s State Government Relations program with direction from the State Government Relations leadership team
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal leaders, providing general government relations support, including:
- Monitoring and providing analysis of key trending issues and legislation in State, Local, and Higher Education
- Coordinating Deloitte’s engagement with state leadership and trade associations
- Supporting lobbyist management activities, including the interview and hiring processes
- Providing political intelligence, including on gubernatorial and legislative elections
- Supporting PGR leadership on special projects
- Prepare reports and presentations on SLHE issues
- Coordinate with PGR SLHE staff on project delivery, including key elements of the team’s election strategy, development and execution of the team’s communication plan, and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of professional experience with at least 3 years of state legislative, government, and/or policy experience
- A keen understanding of state legislative, policymaking, and political processes
- Experience with developing and implementing legislative strategies
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work on concurrent projects with limited oversight
- Demonstrated ability to learn issues quickly and work in new policy areas with little previous expertise
- Quick analytical thinker, able to effectively monitor, synthesize, translate, and summarize complex policy, legislative, and political topics for use by internal executives
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships
- Professional demeanor and presence
- Team player with clear demonstration of ability to work in a dynamic, team-based, deadline-oriented environment
- Strong PowerPoint presentation development skills
- Travel of up to 10% (While 10% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Knowledge of Public Sector and/or Professional Services Industry and/or government procurement
- Experience working on policy issues related to health and human services, transportation, and/or general technology
- Experience working with states in the Western or Central regions of the US in a legislative, policy, or governmental capacity
- Strong Excel skills
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 37964
Job posted: 2021-07-14