Government Relations Manager
RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star—“to empower the people who power the world.” We are looking to build out a government relations team focused on the intersection between energy and technology.
An ideal candidate for this role will be a proven government affairs professional with the ability to analyze a variety of energy, technology, and other business related policy issues and who can also leverage and further develop an existing legislative and lobbying network.
Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you’ll be doing:
- Analyzing, monitoring, and engaging on proposed legislation, regulations, and administrative actions at the state and federal level
- Developing and maintaining relationships with government representatives, regulators, industry groups, customers, thought leaders, and subject matter experts
- Understanding the intersection of RigUp’s business and public policy with the goal of effectively identifying legislative, regulatory, and political risks and/or opportunities, which will drive our government relations engagement
- Manage/engage with industry trade associations and national intergovernmental organizations
- Assist with planning and executing government affairs strategy, programs, and activities
- Representing RigUp in public policy discussions, presentations to customers and business units, association and industry meetings, political events, as well as legislative, regulatory and other public forums, as appropriate
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by the General Counsel and Head of Government Affairs
What you should have:
- 4+ years of government, government relations, or direct lobbying experience with increasing responsibilities and demonstrated superior communication skills
- Thorough understanding of government, legislative, regulatory and political processes
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Superb organizational skills; adept at juggling multiple responsibilities
- The ability to engage in creative and strategic thinking with leadership skills to effectively work with and influence diverse audiences at various management levels
- Results-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills and good judgment
- Experience navigating complex business structures and successfully supporting and collaborating with business leadership
- An understanding of the energy and technology public policy environments is preferred
- Energy industry experience a plus
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Daily catered mealsCompetitive commuter benefits
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
- Career development opportunities + partial reimbursement for ongoing education
- $2,000 vacation stipend on your 3 year anniversary
RigUp is a technology company that’s building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $123.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the oilfield.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-09