Government Relations Manager
The Government Relations Manager – North America is responsible for creating and executing formal government relations plans across Air Products HYCO/H2 markets in North America with focus on US West Coast and Canada. In so doing, the job holder will work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure that those plans are aligned with the Company’s near-term and significant business objectives.
Near term focus will be support to AP growth platforms in California and Canada with a focus on climate changes policy development and implementation connecting government objectives with AP solutions offering and securing governmental support and public acceptance of AP investments. Longer-term, growth platform support activities will be integrated into the on-going government relations issue identification and planning process the incumbent is accountable for effectively organizing and managing.
This is a role of significant responsibility involving contact – in line with appropriate Company policies and standards – with government stakeholders, customers and competitors. Effectiveness in role requires the ability and motivation to articulate the Company’s needs effectively and to enhance the Company’s reputation with external stakeholders.
Government relations planning and execution
- To engage with business management to identify opportunities to engage with governments to achieve Company objectives
- To create and, with identified issue teams, execute effective engagement plans to achieve the agreed objectives
Understanding relevant Company businesses, growth platforms, subject matters and jurisdictions
- Develop sufficient familiarity with the above to be able – in a manner that is coherent, credible and persuasive – to represent the Company and its objectives in face-to-face settings.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 10+ years of experience in government, political campaign or government relations
- 5+ years of experience in industrial gases or analogous sector
- A degree-level qualification in relevant discipline
- Background in energy procurement and/or energy/environmental policy.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required (Up to 50%)
Skills and Experience:
- The ability to understand the full portfolio of the Company’s activities and markets
- Strategic and analytical capabilities to identify, plan for and execute on opportunities to achieve the Company’s business objectives through engagement with governments
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management and influence skills applicable across multiple jurisdictions
- Self-starter with proven experience in delivering targets
- Professional demeanour with the ability to present and gain buy-in at any level both internally and externally
- Solid business and technical acumen
- Understanding of the effect of politics, policy and regulation on business
- Imaginative approach to problem-solving
To learn more, visit About Air Products.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-29