Government Relations Senior Manager
At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
BWXT is currently seeking a Government Affairs Manager for its Washington, D.C. location starting in 2021!
- Represent corporate interests on Capitol Hill and within the Administration with a focus on the company’s naval reactors business, Department of Defense shipbuilding programs, and Department of Energy’s national security programs.
- Influence, track, and report on legislation in both the House and Senate.
- Engage in the appropriate agency budgetary and regulatory processes.
- Provide strategic business guidance to internal senior leadership.
- Serve as the company’s representative in related industry trade associations and at political events.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Must possess at least five (5) years of related experience.
- Must have direct legislative experience handling Seapower and Projection Forces and Strategic Forces Subcommittee portfolios.
- Must have demonstrable knowledge of Navy shipbuilding accounts, naval nuclear reactors, NNSA, space policy, and appropriations issues.
- Must have in-depth knowledge and understanding of the defense budgetary process.
- Must have bipartisan network across Capitol Hill and within the Administration.
- Ability to adhere to strict ethical and legal guidelines.
- Must be able to demonstrate superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is required.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) clearance.
U.S. Citizenship, with no dual citizenship is required for this position.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-17