Government Relations Specialist
Government Relations Specialist
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Now, more than ever, Government Relations (GR) is an important growth driver for companies like Honeywell. The Honeywell GR team brings together some of the best-in-class, brightest minds to shape legislative and regulatory priorities in a dynamic political environment—and not to mention, we are supported by highly desirable office location across the street from the Capitol with an on-site Technology Experience Center and the #1 corporate PAC. If you are interested in being part of a team making a difference on some of the most critical issues of our time, then we have an opportunity for you. In the role of Government Relations Specialist, you will have direct exposure to senior leaders within the company, other tech companies and in the government. The GR Specialist will be responsible for tracking legislation, meeting with government stakeholders, working on diverse policy issues, drafting whitepapers, supporting leadership in drafting recurring reports, assisting with research and participating in political events. This role reports directly to a Vice President. We are looking for an energetic, driven individual with a passion for policy. We look forward to learning more about you—apply below!
- Attending hearings, meetings with government officials and working on key policy issues across many issue areas including the cyber/data privacy space and other tech-related issues
- Supporting the Government Relations team by creating program reports and policy research/monitoring
- Use integrative, analytical thinking to conduct analysis and research in a timely and comprehensive manner for the Government Relations team
- Organize memos and presentations for senior executives, to include strategic initiatives, and overviews of the political landscape
- Support Government Relations-related internal and external materials, including PowerPoint presentations, policy briefings and other priority documents
- Represent Honeywell at HIPAC events
- Assist with events in the DC office and at Honeywell sites, including political events
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of experience.
- 2 years of experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong problem-solving skills, as well as ability to provide sound and reliable judgment in complex situations
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Strong communications, writing, and presentation skills
- Ability to operate in a highly matrixed environment with high standards of excellence in work quality
- The ability to successfully interact with senior business and government leaders
- Strong project/program management skills
- Ability to set priorities, and the discipline to execute to those priorities
- Self-motivated, dedicated team player with a proactive approach in managing and seeking to continuously improve the function
Job posted: 2020-03-12