Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Relations Specialist
Join the Clean Energy RevolutionBecome a Government Relations Specialist at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job you will be part of SCE’s Local Public Affairs (LPA) department, and will report directly to the Principal Manager of Government Relations for the Central Region. You will work to support infrastructure projects, policy, outreach and political engagement plans. You will also support department wide initiatives, as needed.
As a Government Relations Specialist, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life-Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Handle logistics for meetings to accomplish project goals and/or to resolve issues.
- Administrative functions. such as scheduling meetings or catering may be assigned.
- Support project meetings by developing needed documents, i.e., agenda, action item log, etc. Track and follow up on issues with team members.
- Support in development of deliverables for senior management/executive-level review, which may include acquiring and incorporating collaborators input.
- Support with tasks associated with execution strategy of assigned projects.
- May act as point of contact on behalf of the Government Relations team to work with various internal organizational units and external agencies/customers to accomplish goals.
- Facilitate communications among team members, which can include updating Salesforce, SharePoint, Constant Contact, and project resources/tools.
- Handle and/or support ad-hoc assignments.
- Three years’ experience supporting leaders, projects and/or programs.
- Two years of experience supporting project execution (ie. Meeting logistics, addressing project concerns, tracking project time lines, notes, and deliverables).
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field.
- Experience using databases and metric/benchmarking tools.
- Experience synthesizing large amounts of data, as well as examining and identifying key trends.
- Experience gathering, generating, and analyzing, data, information, and reports.
- Experience with a public affairs team or elected office.
- Ability to explain data and reports as well as present data in a logical and concise manner to key stakeholders.
- Ability to make recommendations and provide reporting and analytics to leadership.
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Critical thinker with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Problem solver; self-starter.
- Proficiency with ArcGIS, Power BI, and Salesforce.
- High level of Excel proficiency including formulas, VLOOKUP and pivot tables.
- Ability to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
You should know
- This position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, hiring process, and more!
- The primary work location for this position Rosemead, CA
- Relocation does not apply to this position.
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. Reference our Information Guides for the following tests: Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles (Test #8203). Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.
Job posted: 2023-05-02