Manager, Federal Government Relations
The Manager, Federal Government Relations will be an important part of the federal lobbying team to advance The Home Depot’s legislative agenda. The position will also track legislation, monitor committee hearings, write issue papers, organize grassroots efforts and political strategies to further legislative goals.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Track legislation and monitor committee proceedings on federal priorities and provide regular updates the federal team to develop positions and messaging.
- Write updates for weekly newsletters, position papers, grassroots alerts, and issue summaries for internal and external audiences.
- Engage with Members of Congress on the store walk program, community involvement, disaster response. Manage and communicate The Home Depot’s legislative agenda before Congress and the Administration to create shareholder value. Recommend and leverage political contributions for The Home Depot’s PAC, and assist in political and PAC fundraising.
- Partner with trade associations and engage with coalitions and allies to advance the agenda
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to Director, Government Relations and no direct responsibility for supervising others.
- Typically requires overnight travel 25% to 35% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 6 years
- 3-6 years of experience working in corporate government relations or Capitol Hill office.
- Experience in labor, transportation (rails, trucks, shipping), ports, healthcare, benefits, financial services or product safety policy a plus.
- Strong writing skills and ability to create timely content for distribution a must.
- Experience working with elected officials and their staffs.
- Campaign experience with grassroots coalitions or political campaigns.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2018-11-08