Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Global Government Affairs
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It Matter.
In this role, you will plan and execute critical pieces of global public and government affairs priorities to advocate for Mondelēz International’s interests and implement related transactions or communications with the public and government officials.
What you will bring
A desire to lead the future for our company and accelerate you career with experience and knowledge in:
- Corporate Affairs
- Business and brands
- Communication skills—including the ability to coach and advise leaders, and to manage cross-functional teams
- Risk assessment and scenario planning
- Influencing others both internally and externally
- Understanding of the regulatory and consumer environment
- Creating strong internal and external relationships
- Support Mondelēz International’s (MDLZ’s) Vice President of Global Government Affairs and CGA teams’ Public and Government Affairs (PGA) work programs around the globe.
- Assist in fashioning and realizing the strategic objectives and policy priorities of the PGA sub-function.
- Advance MDLZ’s growth agenda around the world by supporting Business Unit (BU) Corporate and Government Affairs (CGA) teams and functional and business leaders in engaging government officials and other external stakeholders to influence policies and measures to MDLZ’s advantage.
- Focus, in particular, on government laws, regulations, and other rules on: (a) health and well-being (e.g., nutrition, COVID-19), (b) social sustainability (human and labor rights; diversity, equity, and inclusion), (c) environmental sustainability (plastic packaging waste, climate change), (d) ESG (Environmental , Social, Governance) reporting/disclosures, (e) direct and indirect taxation, (f) cross-border trade and investment, (g) price controls, and (h) anti-trust.
- Partner with the Global Impact and External Communications teams, and other members of the CGA team, in fashioning and cascading a comprehensive, compelling narrative on MDLZ’s contributions to people, planet, and economies to: (a) bring our purpose to life, (b) positively affect external stakeholders’ perception of the company, (c) deepen our credibility, and (d) enhance our influence with policy makers.
Policy Insight, Foresight, and Response
- Partner with BU CGA teams in monitoring, distilling, and educating others in the company on the content of and reasons behind proposed and effective government measures material to the MDLZ business in key markets around the world, and impact of these rules on the company.
- Help business and functional leaders anticipate policy trends by flagging legislative and regulatory activity in multiple markets on the same policy issue, and monitoring directional signals from international organizations (e.g., World Health and Trade Organizations, Codex Alimentarius).
- Prepare initial drafts of global policy position papers in coordination with experts in other functional and sub-functional groups (e.g., Scientific and Regulatory Affairs (SARA), Nutrition, Marketing, Procurement) to support BU teams in “taking a stand” on issues important to MDLZ.
- Assist BU teams in effectively responding to government action with a view to mitigating resulting risk to the company (commercial and reputational) and realizing associated opportunity (e.g., for cost-savings and other productivity gains, greater resilience in our value chains, a more predictable business and investment climate).
- Work with other members of Global CGA and Legal teams to effectively manage engagement with government authorities on compliance matters.
Public and Government Affairs Community of Practice
- Partner with other members of the Global PGA team in designing the agendas for and presenting content in: (a) Global PGA Expertise Network meetings (monthly), (b) Priority Policy Deep Dive sessions (at least four per year), and (c) workshops aimed at sharing best practices and building capability.
- Assist the Vice President of Global Government Affairs in responding to BU CGA teams’ requests for support on government relations priorities, e.g., research on best practice in addressing, or differences in governments’ approaches to, a particular policy matter.
- Partner with Brussels-based Global PGA team members in ensuring accessibility of playbooks, took kits, templates, methodologies, and other resources in CGA’s BRIEFING ROOM.
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate degree in international relations, business, economic, and/or sustainability policy.
- At least three years of government or corporate experience.
- Strong analytical and communication (written, verbal) skills.
- Knowledge of foreign, economic, sustainability, and/or nutrition policy.
- Results oriented with attention to detail and an ability to multitask and meet short deadlines.
- Self-starter with high learning agility, creativity, and honed problem-solving skills.
- Team player who can quickly develop organizational agility.
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
The United States is the largest market in the Mondelēz International family with a significant employee and manufacturing footprint. Here, we produce our well-loved household favorites to provide our consumers with the right snack, at the right moment, made the right way. We have corporate offices, sales, manufacturing and distribution locations throughout the U.S. to ensure our iconic brands—including Oreo and Chips Ahoy! cookies, Ritz, Wheat Thins and Triscuit crackers, and Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids confectionery products —are close at hand for our consumers across the country.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Where permitted by applicable law, new hires are required to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment by their date of hire, unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation. You may review the Mondelēz COVID vaccination policy by visiting the US careers website at https://www.mondelezinternational.com/United-States.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-19