Manager, Government Aff
The Manager of Government Affairs is responsible for monitoring and analyzing legislative and regulatory issues, including health orders, at the state and local level that may impact business operations. Also works to build and sustain positive relationships with public officials and communities in which NBCUniversal does business.
- Monitor and analyze legislative and regulatory issues at the state and local government level that may impact business operations. Assist in developing and executing strategic plans to advocate for our legislative and regulatory priorities with government agencies, commissions, and legislatures.
- Represent the company in meetings with local and state elected and appointed officials, film commissioners, and other relevant individuals and organizations to advocate for business priorities.
- Assist in preparing required reporting information including state lobbying reports and other reporting as necessary.
- Track current events surrounding government issues of importance to the company.
- Participate in coalition efforts, trade organizations, legislative and policy work groups, and other collaborative partnerships to advance the company’s legislative priorities
- In coordination with the Director of Community Affairs, participate in community outreach programs in key communities where we do business.
- Make recommendations for the company’s political contributions and coordinate required political reporting for government officials.
- Perform special projects and related duties as required and assigned, including special events at NBCUniversal involving government officials.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
• At least five years of experience working with government/public affairs issues in the private and/or public sector required
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• BA/BS degree required
• Must have knowledge of state and local government legislative and regulatory processes
• Must be able to work independently & in a team environment
• Must be able to work & communicate effectively with all levels both within the company and externally
• Must be sensitive to the needs of diverse populations
• Must have professional oral & written communication skills and be able to speak in public
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-29