Manager, Government Affairs
Req. ID: 123820
Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
As the Manager, Government Affairs (GA) you will be responsible for coordinating many functions of the DC office, including the coordination of meetings and executive fly-ins, track policy and legislative developments, and help craft collateral material and internal company updates. In addition, you will assist the government affairs team with political programs and activities designed to protect, support and improve Micron’s global business. This position reports to Micron’s Senior Director of Global Government Affairs.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide dynamic support to the Government Affairs team
- Assist in the planning and coordination of official fly-ins and visits from Micron executives in Washington, D.C.
- Assist in activities, such as writing, editing and compiling information, including memos, the GA newsletter, presentation decks, bios, talking points for team members and other Micron material used for government outreach
- Help coordinate and organize site tours for elected officials and staff
- Assist GA team members in crafting and disseminating regular government affairs updates, materials, and relevant company information to both internal and external relevant contacts
- Conduct research and analysis on dynamic policy issues surrounding technology, intellectual property, trade, tax, and other Micron and industry specific issues essential to Micron’s business
- Build positive working relationships with elected officials, staff, trade associations and industry colleagues
- Manage administrative functions of DC office
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, political science or related field
- Competitive, high-energy and motivated professional with extraordinary organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Dedicated, self-starting individual with ability to take initiative and work independently or collaboratively with other team members
- Knowledge and interest in politics and the legislative process
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Scheduling or project management experience preferred
- Capitol Hill experience preferred, but not necessary
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center / Activity rooms (Boise only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members’ disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Learn more here
Job posted: 2018-12-12