Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Government Affairs
At Overair, we are dedicated to bringing next generation sustainable air transportation to everyone. Our answer is Butterfly, an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) aircraft designed to carry passengers safely and affordably over traffic and congestion. Butterfly leverages over two decades of VTOL aircraft development, patented VTOL technology, and flight vehicle experience.
Overair believes in the lofty goals of sustainable air mobility and we are committed to solving the hard challenges along the way. We are building an industry leading team covering an expanse of skills, talents, and expertise to build a superior electric VTOL aircraft. If you enjoy solving difficult problems, and seeing your ideas and visions expressed in flying aircraft, we want you on our team.
Overair is seeking a Government Affairs Manager to support our efforts in advancing the regulatory and policy landscape for electric Vertical Takeoff and Landing eVTOL/Advanced Air Mobility (AAM). As a Government Affairs Manager, you will contribute to shaping the future of air transportation by collaborating with regulatory bodies, government officials at all levels of government, and industry stakeholders.
The success of this position will be reflected in the creation of a conducive policy environment that supports the growth of the eVTOL/AAM industry, along with effective stakeholder engagement and positive industry representation. The manager’s contribution must enhance Overair’s reputation, advance its goals and contribute to the progress of the eVTOL/AAM industry.
*Full time, Direct hire. This candidate must be local to Washington, D.C. or surrounding areas as they will be occasionally working in Capitol Hill. Travel requirement:10-15% per month
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing and executing a government affairs strategy to advocate for policies and regulations that support the growth of the AAM industry.
- Cultivate relationships with relevant government agencies, legislators, and industry associations to promote the benefits of AAM technology.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory developments at all levels of government that could impact AAM operations and provide insights to internal stakeholders.
- Participate in industry conferences and events to communicate the company’s vision for AAM and advocate for supportive policies.
- Support grassroots advocacy efforts to engage local communities and stakeholders in endorsing the adoption of AAM.
- Represent Overair’s interests at D.C. based member organization meetings and events.
- Contribute presentations, briefing materials, and documents for policymakers and regulators regarding the benefits of AAM technology.
- Stay informed about the AAM sector, particularly in the D.C. area and provide insights on regulatory and policy implications.
- Monitor and analyze relevant legislation and provide strategic guidance on potential impacts.
- Collaborate with the team, fostering a collaborate and results- oriented work environment.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- 5+ years of relevant experience and a bachelor’s degree in public policy, political science, or related field to include Aviation. Hill experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with government policies and regulations, preferably in transportation, aerospace, or emerging technology sectors.
- Basic understanding of the AAM industry concepts and challenges.
- Must be comfortable analyzing Federal and State legislation and making recommendations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to speak about technical concepts, but also explain to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with government officials, industry partners and advocacy organizations.
- Strategic thinking to assist in policy discussions and contribute to advocacy strategies. Bias for action.
- Analytical mindset, attention to details, and the ability to gather information from various sources.
- Ability to provide support across several time zones.
- Experience collaborating in teams and contributing to shared goals.
- Willingness to travel for meetings, conferences, and industry events.
- Interest in sustainable transportation solutions and contributing to the future of the AAM industry.
Passion for Aviation, Worked for a Government Agency, Capitol Hill Staffer, State Legislature Staffer, FAA, Aviation/Aerospace Member Organization
The ideal candidate for this role will have authorization to work in the US prior to joining Overair. This role will not sponsor or offer assistance with the sponsorship for work authorization in the United States.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Overair believes that diversity and inclusion are vital to our success. We believe that by embracing different ideas and approaches, we enhance our ability to deliver the best results for our employees, our environment, and ultimately our business partners and customers. We foster a culture where all colleagues are able to share their passions and ideas in order that we may collectively embrace and overcome the challenges in our industry, and work toward a brighter future.
Overair is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Summary of Benefits:
- Medical – Company provides no-cost medical coverage for employee and all dependents.
- Dental & vision – Company pays for 80% of dental and vision coverage for employee and 50% for each dependent.
- Flexible spending account (FSA) – Up to $1,000 company match
- 401(k) plan – Employees are eligible on first day of work, 6% Company-match, no vesting period
- 12-weeks of supplemental paid family leave
- Employee incentive program (stock options)
- Company-paid life insurance plan
- Paid time off:
- Vacation: 4 weeks/year
- Holiday: 10 days/year
- Sick Time: 48 hours/year
- Volunteer time: 8 hours/quarter
Overair expects to pay: $150,000 – $170,000 per year. Your level and the compensation package offered will be determined by location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-09-05