Manager of Government Relations
- Works closely with the legal, and finance teams and other key business partners to develop Root’s positions on multi-state regulatory, legislative and generally.
- Manages day to day operations of Root Insurance government relations work.
- Oversees and executes state-based advocacy & lobbying processes.
- Manages outside consultants and lobbyists in various states.
- Coordinates and manages team meetings, deadlines, action, and follow up.
- Coordinates support materials for state teams, including marketing, talking points, policy papers.
- Supports development of grassroots advocacy capacity for company employees, third parties and customers to support policy and business priorities.
- Supports the Government Affairs team in reporting progress and challenges to business and company leaders in engagement activities, helping to keep individuals informed and properly connected to company priorities.
- Works within states to build partnerships and coalitions that further the company’s public policy goals.
- Responds to and monitors resolution of escalated complaints from local, state or federal government authorities.
- Becomes familiar with and involved in the legislative and regulatory activities of the company’s federal and state trade associations.
- Helps develop the company’s key elected and appointed official relationships, including insurance regulators.
- Participates in state and national trade association meetings, working groups and discussions.
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant government, political, campaigns or public advocacy experience
- Knowledge of the insurance regulations or laws or demonstrated ability to learn them quickly
- Demonstrated track record of working with elected and appointed officials to proactively attain support for policy, political or business priorities
- Proven experience of managing employees and consultants
- Detailed-oriented with a success in managing people, projects and timelines
- Has the ability to coordinate the efforts of diverse stakeholders to support policy, political or business priorities
- Self-starter skills, including a career path exemplified by taking on more diverse and sophisticated problem-solving tasks over time
- Able to work effectively in teams of various sizes, remotely or in person
- Demonstrated ability to manage a variety of sometimes unrelated tasks and projects and to work with business partners to meet their timelines and expectations
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-09-11