In conjunction with senior staff in the Legislative Office, help implement NADA legislative agenda before Congress.
- Lobby Members of Congress and key staff members, with emphasis on key committees of jurisdiction. Coordinate with senior lobbyists to advance the agenda.
- Develop and draft legislative advocacy documents for internal and external communications, such as position papers, memoranda, committee testimony regarding NADA legislative priorities.
- Manage the internal approval of advocacy materials, to ensure they are current and accurate, and serve as a primary editor.
- Perform legislative analysis related to NADA legislative priorities by issue spotting, researching legislative history, and quickly distilling complex information into key messages.
- Manage (write, edit, and facilitate internal review) web content for the Legislative Affairs office.
- Establish and expand professional relationships with Members of Congress, congressional staff, industry professionals, NADA Directors, dealers and ATAEs.
- Assist the Vice President in overseeing the staff assistant and legislative analyst in handling office and administrative matters.
- Manage inter-departmental coordination, preparation, and execution of annual Washington Conference.
- Facilitate coordination of Legislative Office with other NADA Departments, such as Public Affairs and IT.
- Keep current on developments in the auto industry.
- Attend political events as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education and Work Experience
Bachelor’s degree or graduate degree in political science or related field preferred. Five to seven years of legislative, political or grassroots experience preferred. Superior communication skills (written and verbal) and excellent organizational skills required. Knowledge of policy issues affecting auto industry desirable. Trade association knowledge or experience desirable. Demonstrated experience in completing detail-oriented projects that require balancing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Experience with Microsoft Office, Internet searches, and VOCUS desirable.
Learn more here
Job Posted: August 24, 2017