Manager, State Government Affairs
At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
– Identify State legislative initiatives and issues, their impact on corporate operations and conduct analysis/research necessary in drafting company position on these initiatives, help forecast major issues that the Legislature is expected to address in the near term, draft strategy to help deal with those issues
– Conduct direct communication with state legislators, regulators, administrative officials and staff regarding potential legislation, regulations and policy decisions.
– Work with other companies and trade associations to favorably impact legislative regulatory issues, maintain awareness of business unit plans and corporate objectives and relationship with state issues, assist business units in their planning by identifying potential state issues and external opportunities, serve on internal task teams/groups providing a state perspective on strategic issues, coordinate activities with Federal Affairs Lobbyists.
– Serve on internal task teams/groups, provide assistance and develop appropriate testimony, written communications for use with legislators, regulators , and state government officials and, providing a state perspective on strategic issues
– Manage the operations of the Political Action Committee and oversee fundraising activities in PA only, oversee preparation of quarterly and yearly reports for election and ethics law compliance.
– Assist Exelon Generation as needed.
– Bachelors degree in Organizational Behavior, Business, Economics, Public/Governmental relations, or related discipline
– Ten or more years relevant experience in public administration, public service
– Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications and interpersonal skills
– Broad understanding of company operations and corporate/strategic business plans. Proven knowledge of the organization, composition and operation of the Legislature, Cabinet Administration, and Public Utility Commission
– Advanced Degree, Masters in Business Administration or JD
– Prior work experience in County and Local Government Public Affairs with an emphasis on distribution company issues management, crisis communications, and public relations.
– Impact on External Constituencies:
– Regular interaction with State legislature, administration, staff, Public Utility Commission and other interested parties.
– Pursue relationships with these constituencies.
– Engage in settlements, negotiations and other agreements on common issues to leverage corporate positions and policies.
– Clearly defined, succinct statements and policy documents position the Company as the reputable resource on energy issues and a significant force in restructuring energy policy.
– Regular interaction with these constituencies to advocate corporate positions and act as a resource for in-depth analysis on critical issues.
– Impact on Company Performance
– Clear understanding and acceptance of Company policies and positions by regulators, legislators, decision-makers and policymakers and providing solutions and options on critical issues enhances the corporations reputation and integrity and provides for the achievement of business and financial objectives in a timely fashion.
– Shaping the evolving competitive energy marketplace in a fair and balanced way that enhances the Companys ability to sustain and improve its financial position and maximize business opportunities.
– Successful implementation of corporate strategies and advancement of Corporate positions results in positive financial and competitive outcomes.
– Total number of employees managed: 1
Learn more here
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job posted: 2020-05-12