Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
NERC Regulatory Compliance Coordinator
This position is posted until filled.
Department: NERC Compliance
Please provide a cover letter with your application to demonstrate writing abilities.
- Prior NERC experience is preferred,
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint administration, document management.
- Governance, Risk Management and Compliance (GRC) Software experience is highly preferred.
NERC Regulartory Compliance Coordinator
Salary Grade: G06
Minimum Midpoint Maximum
$74,796 – $100,975 – $127,152
Personnel in this job title may be covered by NERC CIP cyber security standards. If the position is covered, prior to being hired, promoted, or transferred into the position, the candidate must successfully pass a Personnel Risk Assessment, which includes identity verification and a criminal background check. Prior to being granted unescorted access to cyber secure areas, the candidate must attend cyber security training. Annual cyber security training is also required.
Under direct supervision, performs a variety of duties to assist in coordination of NERC compliance activities. Develops and manages relationships and business partnerships with functional business areas to ensure technology associated with NERC governance processes are synchronized with business priorities and compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports NERC compliance activities by maintaining schedules, training, documentation, evidence and records
- Interacts with subject matter experts throughout the company on a daily basis to ensure that compliance activities are carried out in an ethical, timely and professional manner
- Maintains schedule and associated notifications, including reminder or workflow system(s) to ensure groups meet all deadlines and requirements associated with self-reports, self- certifications, mitigation plans, and new or revised standards
- Prepares departmental reporting on compliance related metrics and other departmental information
- Promotes compliance awareness through day to day work activities
- Organizes responses to compliance audits, spot checks, periodic data submittals, and other monitoring processes as applicable
- Prepares and organizes documentation in anticipation of self-certification and audit requirements
- Coordinates and is responsible for filing PNMR’s responses to all external monitoring processes such as audits
- Maintains necessary document repository structure and access of subject matter experts across the enterprise to required repositories in a compliant manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work in highly detail-oriented areas and demonstrate ability to remain organized in complex work environment
- Ability to distribute information regarding NERC standards in an organized manner throughout the organization
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage time in a dynamic environment
- Ability to apply innovative solutions to existing processes, including those utilizing technology
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment
- Ability to demonstrate advanced interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain positive and productive working relationships with various individuals and groups
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with five to seven years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the discipline.
- Paralegal, administrator, or document management experience or training preferred.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to interface with and direct co-workers
- Ability to effectively listen and seek necessary clarification to respond to a wide-range of questions within the company
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from various groups
- Ability to apply the concepts of fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Strong, working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft SharePoint administration strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to use computer tools applicable to word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, automated reminder/workflow development, project scheduling software, and document search and retrieval
- Governance, Risk Management and Compliance (GRC) Software experience or similar preferred
ANALYSIS AND PROBLEM-SOLVING ABILITY:
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to organize and document complex and multi-functional operational issues.
- Ability to interpret complicated and arcane regulatory language, reliability technical documents and the cyber environment.
SCOPE AND IMPACT:
- Incumbent has a key role in minimizing financial impact of fines from non-compliance with standards and reliability violations by maintaining schedules and documentation.
- Violations can result in millions of dollars in fines and restrictions.
- Ability to sit up to 2/3 of the time and to stand, walk, and stoop up to 1/3 of the time.
- Good vision and ability to adjust focus is required.
- Manual dexterity is required.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Office environment or remote as needed.
- Travel may be required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-09-01