Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Political Affairs Coordinator
Job Title: Political Affairs Coordinator
Reports To: VP of Political Affairs
Group: Governmental Affairs
Are you someone who enjoys using your high attention to detail and love for logistics while performing a variety of tasks? If so, this is a great opportunity for you to join the Governmental Affairs team at the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. Yes, we’re a 100+ year old organization serving real estate – no, we’re not a stodgy 100+ year old organization serving real estate. In fact, we’re pretty cool (or so we think), and we’re a powerful voice for housing in California. We also think we’re an awesome company to work for. So here’s what you need to know about the job:
We are looking for a Political Affairs Coordinator to support the Vice President of Political Affairs and C.A.R.’s political programs, RAF and CREPAC, to accomplish defined objectives. RAF raises money and educates members to advance the values of organized Real Estate. CREPAC conducts expenditures in line with the values of the REALTOR® Party of California. The Political Affairs Coordinator will help carry out the objectives for both programs by organizing receptions, recognition activities, tracking and advancing renewals, as well as compliance requirements as set forth by the C.A.R. Board of Directors. The Political Affairs coordinator will also coordinate logistics, materials and communications for the CREPAC committee. Additionally, the coordinator will coordinate the LCRC approval process and provide reports as needed. Lots of variety – you won’t be bored!
- Provide CREPAC special project support by handling Local Candidate Recommendation requests and inquiries from local associations.
- Coordinate CREPAC communications and draft content, materials and communications related to meetings, and provide meeting support.
- Run the LCRC program independently and approve funding requests from local associations; including interacting with political counsel, as well as provide analysis/report of the expenditures approved.
- Learn the processes related to the REALTOR Action Fund (RAF)
- Lead some of the fundraising processes.
- Help C.A.R. processes stay modern and efficient and develop new ways to analyze data from related projects.
- Provide administrative support to the VP of Political Affairs in relation to these programs.
- Lead projects and provide support to other C.A.R. Governmental Affairs programs as needed.
- Help maintain program websites.
- Answer inquiries from members related to program objectives.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Some college
- 5+ years coordinating projects
- Experience in using databases
- Intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- College degree
About THE CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®:
The CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® offers a collaborative environment that will allow you the opportunity to work on impactful projects that make a difference. What we love the most about working here are the autonomy, collaborative team environment and commitment to a positive work/life integration. And we like so much more, but we’ll tell you about that later.
The CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® is a statewide trade association dedicated to the advancement of professionalism in real estate. The Association develops and promotes programs and services for its 214,000 members, and keeps the public informed about real estate in California.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-07