Public Affairs Account Executive
About Katz & Associates:
K&A is a nationally-recognized communication consulting firm specializing in strategic communications, stakeholder outreach and public involvement programs for public and private sector clients. From water and public utilities, to energy, transportation, environmental sustainability to real estate, development, civic issues, policy and quality of life issues, we maintain a firm commitment to providing communication programs that create awareness about key issues that are of critical importance to communities. We help our clients communicate effectively about things that matter.
With locations in San Francisco, Los Angeles and headquarters in San Diego, our team of 35+ professionals serve clients nationwide with a strong focus in California. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance.
Some additional employee benefits include:
- Company culture that focuses on employee engagement as well as a strong emphasis on employee professional development with each employee receiving an annual budget for education
- Robust Employee Stock Ownership Plan that provides an opportunity for employees to participate and become firm owners
- Flexible schedule with a focus on work/life balance
- Opportunities for growth/commitment to employees with annual Diversity and Inclusion training, ongoing education brownbag or lunch webinars, and mentorship programs for our staff
We are looking for a bright, motivated individual to help our clients create and implement effective communications and outreach programs as a full-time Account Executive with our Los Angeles team. The AE will support 4-6 clients, including water districts and other municipal agencies. Candidates should have the skills to handle multiple tasks and fast-paced projects, prioritize effectively, show initiative, and work well on project teams and with different project managers. The successful candidate will demonstrate ability to think-critically and creatively while delivering excellent client service. Position ideal for someone with strong interest in public affairs.
This position will be remote until such time that the COVID-19 pandemic allows for safe in-person and office-setting interaction, after which residence in the greater Los Angeles will be necessary.
- Understanding and engaging on complex subject matter with client teams
- Developing messaging to communicate client issues to broad audiences including, general public, media, elected officials, opinion leaders and other stakeholders.
- Developing communications and outreach plans
- Producing content for collateral materials (fact sheets, brochure, FAQs, presentations etc.)
- Coordinating with K&A’s creative department on collateral development, providing direction and facilitating client feedback and edits
- Providing quality assurance/quality control on documents and deliverables
- Supporting virtual event production and promotion
- Supporting client outreach activities, including direct stakeholder outreach
- Supporting K&A business development efforts, such as contributing to proposal development
- Minimum 2-4-years related experience in public affairs, outreach, communications planning and implementation; agency experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Second language proficiency (Spanish, Korean, Mandarin) strongly preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Client services and client relations; diplomacy and tact
- Project management
- Solution-oriented, team player
- Strong familiarity with local political issues and government operations
- Understanding of communications and outreach best practices
- Ability to understand complex issues and simplify for broader audiences
- Problem analysis/solving
- Resourcefulness and initiative
- Writing and copywriting
- Public speaking and presentation
- Handle multiple tasks and time-management
- Familiarity with public opinion research concepts
- Familiarity with video production processes
- Mastery English language, standard rules of grammar and AP style rules
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Competent Adobe Suite
- This position requires 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, assistance at occasional weekend or evening events may be needed
- Possess valid driver’s license, car, registration and insurance
- Some travel may be required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/and or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Please be sure to include a cover letter with your resume, as well as salary requirements to careers@katzandassociates.
Job posted: 2021-04-05